Spyderco Civilian

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mwramos76

Spyderco Civilian

Post by mwramos76 »

Soooo I have this civilian model and its amazing
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

You can't post ads here.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

A thourough perusal of forum rules would be a good idea before jumping in with both feet.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Hi Chuck :)
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

and welcome to the forum mwramos76 :)
Sorry pressed enter before I could type everything.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

KardinalSyn wrote:Hi Chuck :)
KardinalSyn wrote:and welcome to the forum mwramos76 :)
Sorry pressed enter before I could type everything.
Haha, welcome back too KS. I hope everything is fine with you. :D
mwramos76

Post by mwramos76 »

Thanks for the welcome and lesson
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

Watching James Keating demonstrate this knives capability is frightening. I'd get one but will probably go with a Matriarch or Lil.
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

Welcome from Singapore!

The civilian was one of the very first Spyderco knives I ever saw or handled, and to this day I am still impressed by its medieval looks and uncompromising design for a specific purpose. I especially enjoyed reading the card that comes with the knife, warning against using it for 'utility' purposes! I still wonder why they called it the civilian - I would have called it the Raptor...
Regards,
Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18
doctorknife

Post by doctorknife »

Why they called it Civilian, pretty darn easy to guess. Cuz you'll have to unleash it on some civilians and take em out, if they make any trouble of course.
A moderate degree of courage joined to great ability will produce greater effects than moderate ability with great courage.
- Carl von Clausewitz

:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

Spyderco Military Digital Camo CPM-S30V
Spyderco Endura Spyderedge VG-10
Spyderco Matriarch w/ Emerson opener VG-10
Spyderco Resilience 8Cr13MoV
Spyderco Delica Spyderedge ZDP-189
Spyderco Manix XL CPM-S30V
Spyderco Sage Blue Bolt Action CPM-S30V
Spyderco Pacific Salt Yellow Spyderedge H1
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

glbpro wrote:...I still wonder why they called it the civilian - I would have called it the Raptor...
This is directly from Spyderco's website:

"In the 1990s Spyderco was approached by a specialized branch of U.S. law enforcement about making a knife for their undercover agents. These plain-clothes LEOs found themselves in situations where they often could not carry a firearm but carrying a knife was not a problem. Most had no formal training in self-defense tactics or MBC but as a last resort could use a blade to protect or extricate themselves from a life-threatening situation. This was how the Civilian model came to be." :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

I still carry a Civilian, deeply concealed, on a regular basis. Even though my (rather limited) blade training, since acquiring my pair of Civilians, has been more point-driven, the slim compactness of a Civi makes it effortless to carry, and its methodology is quite intuitive, so it still has a place in my life.

Yes, I did, indeed, say "slim compactness" in reference to the Spyderco Civilian. A Spyderco Temperance fixed-blade, or a Strider AR folder, is starting to get just a bit chunky.
Civilians, Dodo, Guntings, Mili, P'kal, Rescues, Ronins, Temperance, others...

Have Colt, will travel.