Forum Knife... Some (Limited) Info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:No, and I'm sorry but I called it what it was. ;)
Up to this point, it was over with. Was it necessary for him to bring it back up?
I think it is still very much on people's minds. I read through that entire thread that Kristi had to close, and I tried to largely stay out of the argument/discussion, but it got very personal and offensive to many people (so it seemed) and even though it's not still active, I think there are still hard feelings circulating... especially since the forum knife hasn't materialized yet. So I don't think it's out of the realm of ordinary for people to keep bringing this back up. I think there may be some worry that the delays might be caused by the closing of that forum knife thread.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

captnvegtble wrote:I think it is still very much on people's minds. I read through that entire thread that Kristi had to close, and I tried to largely stay out of the argument/discussion, but it got very personal and offensive to many people (so it seemed) and even though it's not still active, I think there are still hard feelings circulating... especially since the forum knife hasn't materialized yet. So I don't think it's out of the realm of ordinary for people to keep bringing this back up. I think there may be some worry that the delays might be caused by the closing of that forum knife thread.
Good point there.
Kihlo7

Post by Kihlo7 »

It may have something to do with the delay but its coming =) and then again maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with it, maybe they want to get the heat treating right.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm over the whole argument phase. I'll be one of the first in line to get mine, and if there isn't enough to go around I plan on selling my 2nd one to a worthy long term member of the forum, and that's that.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DJ

Post by DJ »

Iam glad the thread was brought back up ..........Iam a lurker , I just dont have alot to say.
Knowledge doesnt come from my mouth , just my eyes ........LOL
Steel Snob M-4
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Evil D wrote:I'm over the whole argument phase. I'll be one of the first in line to get mine, and if there isn't enough to go around I plan on selling my 2nd one to a worthy long term member of the forum, and that's that.
That is exactly what I plan to do.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I think that that's just negativity on your part. :p
Nope. I never was negative on the subject. In fact I never posted in the orignal thread at all.

It's good to hear that Spyderco is making them though. Curious if they will come out before the additional KW Para 2's.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Spyder-fan wrote:Nope. I never was negative on the subject. In fact I never posted in the orignal thread at all.

It's good to hear that Spyderco is making them though.
This is the post I meant and the fact that you brought it up in this thread at this point in time.

Spyder-fan wrote:I wonder if Spyderco decided not to do it this year after the negativity on the thread.
That's the last I say anything about that. I'm with David and I'll be lining up to try to get mine when it's announced.
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

If I offended anyone I apologize. It was a valid concern of mine. Now back to positivity in this thread. :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Spyder-fan wrote:If I offended anyone I apologize. It was a valid concern of mine. Now back to positivity in this thread. :)
Way to go! Let's do it. :D

Now back to waiting cheerfully. :)
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Baah! This is exactly what I hate about Spyderco, No official updates. They just leave us hanging and waiting for God know how long. I'm getting tired of all this that I feel like they just don't care about us consumers. I'm talking in general here not just about the forum knife. :mad:

Just had to get that off my chest. :)
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Sorry guys, :spyder: is just waiting for me to land a new job so I can secure mine. I'm sure that's why.. :P
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

They used to do official updates. I think they stopped for a reason and other knife companies have followed suit for similar reasons.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Let's not forget the economy isn't in the greatest shape and one big problem is credit. Spyderco doesn't mine their own ore and make their own steels. Any time there's a delay in any part of the manufacturing process spread over all the suppliers, we end up waiting at the end.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I'm fine with delays. It just gives me more time to try to scrape together the money to buy things.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Spyder-fan wrote:If I offended anyone I apologize. It was a valid concern of mine. Now back to positivity in this thread. :)
chuck_roxas45 wrote:Way to go! Let's do it. :D

Now back to waiting cheerfully. :)
Yay, great outcome! :) :D :spyder:
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

arjay18 wrote: I feel like they just don't care about us consumers.
It's your feeling and you are entitled to it but there is no fact behind it. I could not name a single company that cares for their customers more than Sal and his crew. Not one. They show it every day in a 1000 ways.

Ken
玉鋼
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

defenestrate wrote:Sorry guys, :spyder: is just waiting for me to land a new job so I can secure mine. I'm sure that's why.. :P
Ouch, difficult time to be out of work, no many great Spydies coming! :)
Hope you are able to land a good job soon! I am very fortunate to have a job doing something I enjoy.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

kbuzbee wrote:It's your feeling and you are entitled to it but there is no fact behind it. I could not name a single company that cares for their customers more than Sal and his crew. Not one. They show it every day in a 1000 ways.
I'm reluctant to get too drawn in by how much Spyderco looks after us (profit is the driving concern, after all), but I do not doubt that Sal and company enjoy our enthusiasm for the product and listen to what we have to say. But this thread is an embarrassment. Collectively, we need to stifle our sense of entitlement or we're going to lose our beta-testing privileges. Just sayin'...
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Buck Knives I Like

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

I think they are waiting on me so I can build up enough funds to buy two. ;)