When It Comes To Spyderco Knives, There's Nothing Like...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
GSO

Post by GSO »

The click of a Tuff means things just got serious.
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

that angle that most of the flagship models have which brings the tip way down below the axis of the handle.

also the opening sound of the Ti/g10 Military model is pretty good.
grg

Post by grg »

The spyderco Wegner makes the most satisfying sound to me,but the original manix,mini manix sounds solid too.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

enduraguy wrote:Feeling like I carry a folding fixed blade with my Military.
Me too, but even more so with my Manix2 XL, which I inadvertently found out serves as a light duty machete as well :spyder:

As for kerckunk, snicker-snack, etc, I like the thwack of the Military and the Caly 3.5 and the thunk of closing the Caly 3.5.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

When it comes to Spyderco Knives, there's nothing like the...look on my friends's faces when they see how a good knife performs. For example, I was helping a friend out the other day, he got to see my Para2 zip through cardboard effortlessly and my Tuff cut through some coaxial ridiculously clean. He couldn't believe it.
:spyder:
Dan
Holland

Post by Holland »

einstein2001 wrote:The Spyder Hole. :spyder:
Now other knives just don't look right without one. :)
And of course the thawak of my Sage 2.
Amen.
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
greenewk

Post by greenewk »

Yessir, they are some pretty sounding knives. I think my favorite may be my brown sprint run Calypso, man that lockback is authoritative. Although the nishijin "R" is probably my loudest, and every bit as great.
CAMAROMAN

Post by CAMAROMAN »

I too really like that "snap" when opening my Spydies! My Persistance is probably the loudest. The Native is not far behind.
:spyder: Laci Szabo, Military (digital camo), Navaja,Centofante 3 , Persian 2,Lum Chinese, Ladybug ZDP, Tasman Salt, Native,Viele, Spin, Persistance, Dragonfly, Manix 2, Pingo, Impala, T-mag

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man" - old Nordic proverb
Donut

Post by Donut »

I wonder if Spyderco should make a knife that has a louder locking sound (and stronger lock while we're at it). Priority could be set to being significantly louder than any other knife in the lineup and attempt to be quite a bit louder than the C95.

I like the opening sound of my Ulize.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Donut wrote:I wonder if Spyderco should make a knife that has a louder locking sound (and stronger lock while we're at it). Priority could be set to being significantly louder than any other knife in the lineup and attempt to be quite a bit louder than the C95.

I like the opening sound of my Ulize.
I agree that the sound of the bank-vault lock is awesome, however on the opposite side of the coin I love the silent engagement of the Umnumzaan. Is this something anyone else would be interested in?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Donut

Post by Donut »

xceptnl wrote:I agree that the sound of the bank-vault lock is awesome, however on the opposite side of the coin I love the silent engagement of the Umnumzaan. Is this something anyone else would be interested in?
I'd be interested in seeing both. One lock as quiet as you can make it and one lock as loud (within reason) as you can make it. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey guys,
....The great ergos and performance.
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

....the amazing variety of designs, in my limited experience, all substantial, well-thought-out, high quality, and unique.

(I know I already answered once, but I'm double dipping :D )

And if you like opening sounds, you can find just about any kind you want somewhere among all these designs, or even get a variety of sounds from one blade. You can flip it out quickly with your middle finger or thumb for a loud attention-demanding stacotto click, or you can discretely ease it out with your thumb if you want to be subtle. I like the loud single click of the different Manix2 knives and the quiet double click of the eased out Para2 blade.

Edit: of course you already know all this :o