hole diameter caspian

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dino

hole diameter caspian

Post by dino »

Hi all,

I've been looking in this forum and online for the diameter of the finger hole of the caspian salt.

So far i've found 6mm for the spyder hole and 1,5 and 2,5 for the finger hole...

Can someone measure it for me?

thank you!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Mine measures at 24.88mm, or 0.980". The spyder hole is 6.95mm, or 0.273".
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
dino

Post by dino »

super thank you
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

The Caspian is a truly beautiful out of the box design :D Is there a purpose to the inquiry of fingerhole size??
Attachments
caspian lowres.jpg
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
dino

Post by dino »

Hi its because I want to buy a Spyderco dive knife I like the atlantic, love the jumpmaster (but too $$$) i like the aqua but can only get my hands on the PE and I want to buy a normal folder too a D4 frn, D4 zdp, caly3 CF ZDP (sadly too expensive) or a DF 2 ZDP or g10 still not sure which and my funds are to low to buy them all, for the moment I can buy max 1 dive knife and 1 folder.

So i'm trying to figure out which dive knife would be best for my situation. As I dive in cold water with most of the time 1-3m view. I need to be sure I can get and open my knife with ease wearing 5mm gloves. My hearth goes out to the Caspian, I don't know why but it calls out to me. But i needed to be sure the hole is big enough to use gloves. So I wanted to know how big it is and the dimension I found were inconsistent so I asked. :D

I have now checked to see if it would work and I'm afraid it will be tight. With a test hole of 2,5mm I can only pass it over 1/3 of my finger before it gets stuck. So I'm now thinking of going Atlantic SE. I tried opening the tenacious with my gloves on and that was easy on land. I guess the Atlantic would work fine underwater as it's bigger and has a better spyder hole. I might also check out the Enuff salt when it comes out.

Now just need to figure out what folder to buy :D .
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I'd vote Caspian. Fixed blade, hole is large enough for a finger to go through (maybe not if gloved), H1 steel will never rust. the 6mm hole is a trademark and not by default for deployment of the knife as the folding designs would be.

Atlantic Salt SE is great if you need to have a folder. no pointy tip to accidentally poke through something, serrated edge cuts like a demon and will for a long time even without sharpening for the uses many folks have, FRN is pretty grippy, and the hole is decent sized.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

dino wrote: i like the aqua but can only get my hands on the PE
There are SE Aqua Salts available at Warriors and Wonders. I love my SE Aqua Salt... it goes with me whenever I go hiking outdoors.