The Best and the Worst.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

pjrocco wrote:
The good:

Sawyers Cutlery out of MA. They are actually my dealer.....Great friendly people, good selection, and prompt shipping. Under ebay as razorsharpknife

I have ordered several :spyder: from them. Always quality, and always prompt. for that reason i would pay a little more for a knife from sawyers then risk it w/ another ebay store or person.
J
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

skcusloa

Post by skcusloa »

I've never had any truly bad experiences. Razorsharpknife on ebay took 2 weeks to get my military to me, but it was probably a postal problem. Since then I've only done bladeforums deals and EVERYONE I have dealt with was 10x as curteous as any of the online sellers and they shipped a lot faster. Sure I've been very cautious, making sure they were really a member, before sending payment on anything.
rickh

Post by rickh »

Sawyers Cutlery or "razorsharpknives" is excellant. I have ordered several from them and have recieved great service and shipping. Another would be New Graham Knives which most people would agree is terrific. I once won a G10 Rookie on ebay. When I recieved it I noticed that the blade was a good bit short, actually a lot short. The tip of the blade had been broken and then ground down to a tip. The seller made good on my return and honestly I don't believe they knew there was a problem since they did not even know what model Spyderco they were selling. I hated that since I have been looking for a G10 Rookie for a while.
Fall seven times, stand up eight (Japanese Proverb)
Senate

Post by Senate »

Lately I've been looking around the web to find a good place to buy a watch and you have no idea how lucky we are in the knife area... 90% of the watches for sale on the web, especially on ebay, are fake... and **** well immitated too! :mad:
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

BUMP

This thread has been away for too long and i was looking though it right now to decide if i wanted to use a dealer. I figure a thread like this should be brought up now and then so everyone has an idea about who to deal w/.
J
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

Axlis

Post by Axlis »

BAD- I would have to give a BIG no go on Flames N Knives :mad: . They may be okay when it comes to in stock stuff, but DO NOT PLACE A PRE-ORDER WITH THIS GUY! Does not answer e-mails often, making it hard to get a refund when you can't get your product.

GOOD-I purchased a couple of ZDP Calys through "Jon and Deb sales", and they were a pleasure to do business with. Quick to answer emails, and was up-front with what they had in stock.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

I forgot the guy's name but if you read a sale that says something like "don't flood my email with questions", listen to the warning bells in your head and pass on it no matter how fair/good the deal sounds.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
mikewww

Post by mikewww »

This is like a job offer that reads " "Chancers need not apply".

I have had a few scary days wondering if the knife had been lifted by postal workers, but in the end, I have received everything that I ordered. One of my favourite dealers is, you guessed it, NGK. Mary Beth should get a bonus !

Mike
JD Spydo

I'm afraid so

Post by JD Spydo »

I have been hammered a couple of time by ebay sellers. One of my most recent was with a seller with the handle "cashinmom123456". This seller was poison. No e-mail responses except one telling me that it was my tough luck that I was sold the wrong knife and for me to bug off. I would have loved to have bombed them with a "negative" but like more and more sellers are doing lately they withheld giving me feedback so they could retaliate even though I paid with Paypal within a hour of the auction expiration. Like what Deacon said about a guy who charged $10 for shipping then going the cheapest way possible. Yep that's what this bozo did to me too on top of all the other crap they did to me. "Do Unto Others" is certainly nothing this creep believes in. Flamesnknives :mad: I've already said enough there previously.

This coincides with a thread I did here about 2 months ago when I was challenging everyone to consider starting an ebay seller rating system totally apart and independent of Ebay itself. Like maybe have a section here or on Bladeforums. There has just got to be a way of eliminating some of the cockroaches that most of us have encountered. Razorsharpknife is a Super guy>> can't say enough good about him. "perfecttransaction" is a great ebay seller, "djung2000" who is Spyderwa on this Forum is always great to deal with and so is our good friend "mike280z" alias Daddybarlow>>great guy~A+ for him. But do not put your RAID or BLACK FLAG away because there are some roaches and silverfish on Ebay for sure :mad:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Stasis

Post by Stasis »

The only bad experience I've had on Ebay was with Ozark Sports. Won the auction, paid immediately, and received a single email five days later claiming the knife was shipped. A month later I still had no knife. I emailed them about it at least three times during that time span and didn't get a single reply. I eventually disputed it through Paypal and got my money back through them.
BlackNinja

Post by BlackNinja »

Best- razorsharpknife, or donsknives, both great and easy!

Worst- Greenbay Cutlery & crookedrtc Both sold me items they didn't have in stock and neither would respond through email!

Here is an email I received from crookedrtc:
Hello . My name is William Kennedy. I am the owner of C.R.T.C. Your item was to be shiped directly from a distributor tomorrow via USPS Priority Mail to minimize delivery time. An email was sent to you December 31st informing you that we had sold out and we would ship as soon as one of our suppliers received resupply from Benchmade. We offered a refund in that email, according to our company policy. An update was sent January 4th informing you that we were still waiting for resupply. I sent the update myself January 4th and offered a refund then as well. We have not received a response to either of the emails. I will give you the benefit of doubt that you may not have received those emails. It happens occasionally as certain ISP's will block filtered emails. You will need to adjust your browser settings to permit filtered emails. This is being sent directly through eBay, so I hope that you will receive this. I am cancelling your order considering the threat. Backorders are a fact of retail, especially during the holiday rush. I am waiting for an order with L.L. Bean myself from early December. I have received orders placed after that one, just as you have. It happens. No company or customer likes it but inventory cannot be perfect 100% of the time. Regarding negative feedback; we mirror all feedback. I do not want that to happen to either of us. You will see the refund appear via PayPal tomorrow A.M.
W. Kennedy, C.R.T.C.
I NEVER received any emails, this was the 1st one I got! No refund was ever offered ( no emails). The THREAT was "you are going to force me to leave bad feedback (and I have never done that) because you aren't responding to my emails, and I still don't have my knife which I ordered on the 21st. I have waited over a month for a knife, and the ebayer was great to deal with because he kept in constant contact." He was going to leave ME bad feedback because he sold me a knife he didn't have. Plus, I emailed him at least 3x with no response (I don't give a **** what he says, I check email everyday and at the time, checking ebay messages. NOTHING!!!), until I wanted to cancel. A**HOLE
Oh, I cancelled on the 10th.
Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh;
Let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones;
Let him fracture your bones and you take his life!
-Bruce Lee-
----------------------------------------------------------------

-Joe
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

The best & worst Ebay dealers ... hmmm

The Best
-- Razorsharp / Sawyers (premium dealer and Ebay seller)
-- Toy4Tara @ Rocky Mountain Knifeworks (great customized production knives)
-- Yerturn (premium individual seller, not as active these days, but ..)

The Hall Of Shame
-- Flamesnknives -- For selling knives he doesn't have and in too many cases, he couldn't get. :eek: Plus he consistently leaves retaliatory negative feedback. Stay away from this guy.
-- Anybody that ships knives in an envelope ... :mad:
Steve
jimbo@stn24

Post by jimbo@stn24 »

Best without a doubt is Newgraham for me, great service, selection, and price.

Some of the Canadian dealers are OK, but I am done begging to spend money at Milarm in Edmonton, if they have it, they are good, if they don't, don't bother asking for them to get it.
Lebaron was an OK experience but not great enough to repeat.

Now if my last parcel from NGK would clear customs it would be a pleasant surprise. :(
WTC #1455
johnnygomer

Post by johnnygomer »

Anyone had any experiences with supremesolutions on ebay?

Couple of my faves on ebay are digital freaks/deadwood knives and unitedoutdoors.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

I just ordered a Gayle Bradley from Supremesolutions. It took about 2 weeks to arrive even though they shipped it in about 24 hours after payment. Came in a padded envelope. Communication was ok. I probably wont order from them again though. I should have just ordered from Cutlery Shoppe....
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

johnnygomer wrote:Anyone had any experiences with supremesolutions on ebay?

Couple of my faves on ebay are digital freaks/deadwood knives and unitedoutdoors.
I've ordered many Spydies through supremesolution and have never had a problem or issue to date (knock on wood). Shipping is usually pretty darn quick. I also like whitemountainknives and unitedoutdoors. I'll also use poorfish on occasion. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

SpyderNut wrote:I also like whitemountainknives and unitedoutdoors. I'll also use poorfish on occasion. :)
Can't recall any bad experiences with stores, but the above post mentions my favorite stores.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Don't know about the USA but in uk its illegal practice to sell items or take payment if they are not in stock .
Pre order deposit is ok I think .
Barman

Post by Barman »

This guy. http://myworld.ebay.com/dullknifeterminator

I picked up a HTM knife a few months back that suffered from a serious case of rock lock. John went the extra mile to get a replacement to me quickly. I haven't seen that kind of customer service in a while.
And he had the best prices on HTM knives that I found.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have had a great experience with Knifeworks.com. They ship out the same day and use tracking (even overseas!). I have started a relationship with Howes and he did me a good turn, so I think I am going to like this dealer, too.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050