Been hoping for word of sheath remediation for Enuff

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
peacefuljeffrey

Been hoping for word of sheath remediation for Enuff

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

I haven't seen any kind of response about complaints that the sheath that comes with the Enuff is loose and rattly and enables the blade to get dulled against its interior (and it does).

Anyone have their ear to the ground at Spyderco to know of any plan in the works to put out a suitable replacement? Meanwhile I'll be working on my homemade kydex monstrosity. ;)
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
donovanlai

Post by donovanlai »

I'm very disappointed that's no response from Spyderco at all... :(
Dr. Balloon

Post by Dr. Balloon »

I have a remedy for the sheath.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Dr. Balloon wrote:I have a remedy for the sheath. First, without the knife in the sheath, use a heat gun to make the sheath very narrow, it will look too narrow for the knife to fit inside of it. Then remove the first rivet on the sheath and take the clip off. Take the knife, and unscrew the first screw on the handle. Throw this and the clip away, as they will not be needed. Then since you don't like the sheath, go try to return the knife.
I have done this numerous times myself. Works every time. Great way to scam a reputable company.
(fyi sarcasm)
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Kristi and I have been following the Enuff sheath threads carefully and addressed the issue in a staff meeting a few days ago. We learned that Spyderco's R&D folks have pulled a sampling of sheaths and knives from stock and have developed a testing protocol to evaluate their consistency and the performance of the design. This will include measurements of the knives and sheaths to see if there are any dimensional inconsistencies, close examination of the molded parts, and repetitive testing of sheath retention.

Kristi and I will keep you posted as we learn more about the results of the inspection and testing. Thank you for your patience.

Stay safe,

Mike
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
endgame

Post by endgame »

F@$$#$$ scammers rot and die.you make this world so untrustworthy.you should be banned just for posting how to scam spyderco.thanx for the update Mike glad to see you around .
Dr. Balloon

Post by Dr. Balloon »

? If you are referring to my remedy for the sheath, that's what it was, a remedy. It wasn't meant to scam spyderco, just help people.
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

Dr. Balloon wrote:? If you are referring to my remedy for the sheath, that's what it was, a remedy. It wasn't meant to scam spyderco, just help people.
A scam is a scam, not a remedy, and helps no one.
peacefuljeffrey

Post by peacefuljeffrey »

Michael Janich wrote:Kristi and I have been following the Enuff sheath threads carefully and addressed the issue in a staff meeting a few days ago. We learned that Spyderco's R&D folks have pulled a sampling of sheaths and knives from stock and have developed a testing protocol to evaluate their consistency and the performance of the design. This will include measurements of the knives and sheaths to see if there are any dimensional inconsistencies, close examination of the molded parts, and repetitive testing of sheath retention.

Kristi and I will keep you posted as we learn more about the results of the inspection and testing. Thank you for your patience.

Stay safe,

Mike
Mike,
I very much appreciate your reply and the fact that you folks at Spyderco are looking into this.
May I make a humble recommendation?
The kydex sheath on the Moran Featherweight is an IDEAL fit. Can something be done along the lines of that design, for the Enuff? My biggest issue is the fact that the knife, while it may be held securely enough against falling out, can scratch the edge against the inside of the sheath. The Moran sheath is wide at the spine of the blade but tapers to a V near the edge, preventing the edge from contacting the sheath at all inside. Plus, the way the kydex lip engages the bolster-area of the knife holds it with exquisite firmness.

Thank you again. I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

Respectfully,
Jeffrey
"Within this frame an ocean swells -- behind the smile -- I know it well..."
donovanlai

Post by donovanlai »

It's been a month, any update of the Enuff sheath issue? :confused:
Michael Janich wrote:Kristi and I have been following the Enuff sheath threads carefully and addressed the issue in a staff meeting a few days ago. We learned that Spyderco's R&D folks have pulled a sampling of sheaths and knives from stock and have developed a testing protocol to evaluate their consistency and the performance of the design. This will include measurements of the knives and sheaths to see if there are any dimensional inconsistencies, close examination of the molded parts, and repetitive testing of sheath retention.

Stay safe,

Mike
donovanlai

Post by donovanlai »

saw my friend's enuff yesterday, still having same issue, sign…

Stay safe,

Mike
sal

Post by sal »

We're working on a fix, but it's a mold change so it will take a while.

sal
3f8

Post by 3f8 »

I received my Enuff H1 not long ago. Just hooking a spot to see how this plays out.
donovanlai

Post by donovanlai »

Hi Sal, thanks for the info, guess I will need to wait…
sal wrote:We're working on a fix, but it's a mold change so it will take a while.

sal