Office EDC

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Yoko von der Rasierklinge

Office EDC

Post by Yoko von der Rasierklinge »

Hey guys, just wanted to see what other people with office jobs carry with them to work.

I work a 9-5 job sitting at a desk with a computer terminal and answering phone calls, and I thought I would share my monday-through-friday carry that I typically have with me in the office workplace environment.

My briefcase with my laptop and phone.
Laptop, phone, sheathed knife, holstered gun, and a lighter.
Macbook Pro, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Lum Tanto Fixed Blade, SIG-Sauer P238, and a Vector Valor Torch.

Also, this newly received Lum tanto is my first Spyderco.
Suffice to say, I'm lovin it! :spyder:
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Welcome to the forum. That is an awesome laptop case! I was definitely not expecting that gear when you said "office carry". Very discreet carry options, enjoy the Lum.
:spyder:
Dan
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forums

that was indeed surprising! awesome EDC, thanks for sharing.
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE

OldSarSwmr wrote:I was definitely not expecting that gear when you said "office carry". Very discreet carry options, enjoy the Lum.
Thanks! My EDC is intentionally discreet as I'm always dressed up for work around the office and I try to keep an unsuspecting & professional appearance. So far everyone I work with has simply assumed my black leather Sneaky Pete holster for my P238 is a smartphone case for my huge Samsung phablet :p

I'm also thinking about having someone custom make me a sheath to allow for a more discreet conceal carry of my new Lum fixed blade on my body.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

That is a very interesting combination.

My EDC is a bit more conventional-
In my pants pockets I carry an iphone, a big folder from my rotation, a couple of ink pens, maybe a Fenix LD01 light and maybe a Leatherman Juice. In my briefcase I carry a Fenix PD32 light, phone chargers, an ipad, and sometimes an old ultrabook laptop.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Yoko, I would contact toomzz here on the forums (Tomas) about custom leatherwork. He makes great quality product and is a really upstanding guy.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Dr. Balloon

Post by Dr. Balloon »

Wow, that is a sweet set-up. I like the case for the laptop, I have a case for my laptop that looks like a zippered pouch, but actually is a neoprene case for my laptop. Your book-case is cool too though.
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Welcome to the forums. That Lum was a surprise!
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.

The laptop case is a leather BookBook by Twelve South for those interested. I find it nice to have when I am meeting with clients at a restaurant or a coffee shop when I am outside the office, as it's more inconspicuous to unwanted eyes while still being accessible.
xceptnl wrote:Yoko, I would contact toomzz here on the forums (Thomas) about custom leatherwork. He makes great quality product and is a really upstanding guy.
Thank you for the link to toomzz, his profile has a great album of his work.
Definitely an option to consider... are there any other leather sheath makers here on the forums?
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Gee, I'm feeling a bit out gunned now. I'm just pocket-carrying my Gayle Bradley this morning. Maybe I should come up with a "holster" for my P2000SK at the desk at work, hmmm......
johnnygomer

Sadly not allowed...

Post by johnnygomer »

Sadly no weapons of any kind are allowed at my work. :(
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

Wow, nice, classy.

Do you have a pretty hostile work environment? Looks like your ready for any cubicle invasions.
johnnygomer

Post by johnnygomer »

ginsuwarrior wrote:Wow, nice, classy.

Do you have a pretty hostile work environment? Looks like your ready for any cubicle invasions.
Better to have it and not need it, than...well, you know the rest...

Haha, the office itself is not hostile but the down town area it is located in is full of homeless crackheads and prostitutes that fill the sidewalks and under bridges. We do have a security guard 24/7 and a gated office building, but if my work doesn't prohibit weapons then I choose to carry anyway.

I can also recall a few times in just the 2 years I started working at this job that I've heard gun shots from somewhere nearby, usually followed by police sirens :/
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

johnnygomer wrote:Sadly no weapons of any kind are allowed at my work. :(
that's why you should just carry a useful tool. like a spyderco ;)
hoytshooter16

Post by hoytshooter16 »

Go big or go home.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Actually, I bring whatever knives I want to the office but here are the smaller ones that are sheeple friendly.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy