Website design

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Clip

Website design

Post by Clip »

With Flickr's new layout, I've been thinking it'd be a good idea to set up a website to keep and show some of my photos. However, I don't know jack about how to start this.

Anyone here big into webpage design? I'm guessing I'll need a host for the site, but it seems like they're a dime a dozen and I'm not sure how many are fly-by-night. Recommendations?
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Chris,

I am not sure about the website, but I use Tumblr and really like the simplicity.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Clip

Post by Clip »

As Yahoo recently bought Tumblr, I'm thinking its headed downhill eventually as well. I liked how Flickr was set up mainly so I could view Exif info easily, now I have to sit down and learn how to navigate the new site. In addition, I find the way they lay out every single photo in one page cropping and resizing to get a tiled effect doesn't suit some of my images. It's a good idea for mobile phones or tablets but on a serious monitor I want to see a serious picture in the way the photographer intended.

Still, thanks for te tip. I'll check it out and maybe they'll learn to keep their hands off of websites that work!
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
BAL

Post by BAL »

Sorry, I am not much help. I don't have any value to add here, but wish you luck.
Maybe others will have some ideas.
Bilan

Post by Bilan »

Well i think you must start from the templates. There are unlimited templates are available on the internet to make the custom website, you should chose one of these and make changes according to your requirements.