Spyderco Warranty and Repair is lacking in communication...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

KBR,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Things happened. I sent in the past knives to Golden CS several times. Sometimes my issues were solved pretty fast, sometimes much longer that I wish. Still in my experience with Amanda and Charlynn, they did everything they could to help. IMHO communication can be improved. I cannot blame people, they just follow procedures, which company found sufficient. And probably it is in most cases, but always room for improvement.
You also was caught in bad time: expansion + preparation for Blade.
Enjoy your new knife.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
KBR

Post by KBR »

bh49 wrote:KBR,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Things happened. I sent in the past knives to Golden CS several times. Sometimes my issues were solved pretty fast, sometimes much longer that I wish. Still in my experience with Amanda and Charlynn, they did everything they could to help. IMHO communication can be improved. I cannot blame people, they just follow procedures, which company found sufficient. And probably it is in most cases, but always room for improvement.
You also was caught in bad time: expansion + preparation for Blade.
Enjoy your new knife.
Thanks for the reply.

I don't intend on leaving the brand over this whatsoever and I did contemplate on the matter for some time before posting. It wasn't my intention to make it sound like a bashing but rather a suggestion to improve communication so other ELUs don't go through the same.

I know that, in the end, Spyderco will make things right.
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Joe, just to clear this up, I called and spoke with Terri LAST week(Tuesday)and found out this past Monday that the knife wouldn't ship until THIS coming Friday. From what I was told in an email.
That is an excessive amount of time. Unless it was something unusual which they should have explained to you I have a difficult time seeing it taking from a tuesday to a following friday to ship. Still, I'd have to call a supervisor. Trying to communicate through forums is not the most efficient way of solving problems.

Cliff, my usual response to you is? That'll have to suffice. I will try to behave myself if you try to stop being so boring.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
KBR

Post by KBR »

The Mastiff wrote:That is an excessive amount of time. Unless it was something unusual which they should have explained to you I have a difficult time seeing it taking from a tuesday to a following friday to ship. Still, I'd have to call a supervisor. Trying to communicate through forums is not the most efficient way of solving problems.....
My point exactly, Joe. Again, I would have just rolled with the punches if there was a reason for the delay but without ANY communication, on their part, to explain the delay for shipment, I was just stumped. The only reason i found out about the time frame of shipment was because I contacted them.

I think that I will be making another call today...
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Cliff Stamp

Post by Cliff Stamp »

The Mastiff wrote: Cliff, my usual response to you is?
You usual response is simply to make an ad hominem attack.

Ironically at the same time for criticizing someone for not following what you deem is the correct course of action in trying to resolve a problem.

By your own example it would be perfectly fine for them to :

a) ignore questions/concerns posed to them

and instead :

b) response with personal commentary against spyderco

The purpose of this forum would be to allow individuals to air such complaints in an area where :

a) Spyderco is promptly informed

b) Can so engage

All you are doing is again putting pressure on client to not air such negative issues in this forum which will simply force them to make them in other places where Spyderco is not going to be able to respond to them in an effective manner. However as long as you don't see them, you conclude that the problem then doesn't exist.

It is fortunate that Spyderco doesn't take the same approach to problem solving.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The Mastiff wrote:That is an excessive amount of time.
It is. Once I was told that my knife will be shipped by the end of the week. Two weeks later, when I didn't receive it, I called CS to ask for tracking number to check if it is lost or still in transit. i find out that somebody just forgot to ship my knife. I was really upset for a while, so I can understand OP. But all of us humans and sometimes we are making mistakes or forgetting things. This is not an excuse, this is life.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
endgame

Post by endgame »

I have 2 knives at warrienty and repair for sharpening and repair right now.it took one weak to hear from them that they received it and I got a email that they are going to do all repaired for free.it has been 1 1/2wees since I heard back but them but is a huge knife show comming and a big sprint line due in August.so I don't expect a hurry.obviously u have never dealt with a knife company b4.you reply was very fast and curtous.try microtech you will cry.lol.it takes time for them to do things and go threw the proper chanels and paperwork. You can just go to another room and pick a knife up and send it.she has to order it do paperwork on it.then paperwork on you're first knife.wait for you're other knife to arrive then send it.it does make allot of sence that she has to wait to order it.big companies are targets of theft from employees.or just theft from one department to the other.I am a chef in a huge supermarket it takes me a hour just to get lettuce from the produce department with all the paperwork and phone calls.I cant just take it.so I'm sure its very hard and time consuming for them.it will be to you soon.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

You usual response is simply to make an ad hominem attack.
Actually I try to ignore you. I joke with you at times as it's difficult to take you serious at some times. Other times I like to learn from you. You are quite aware that many people do find you annoying. I try not to attack you every time you annoy me, but joke instead. I do that out of respect for Sal and Kristi and will continue doing so. When you are actually posting informative stuff I sit and learn.
Ironically at the same time for criticizing someone for not following what you deem is the correct course of action in trying to resolve a problem.

By your own example it would be perfectly fine for them to :

a) ignore questions/concerns posed to them

and instead :

b) response with personal commentary against spyderco

The purpose of this forum would be to allow individuals to air such complaints in an area where :

a) Spyderco is promptly informed

b) Can so engage
It is difficult to converse with you. You are good at monalogues, not dialogs. You make my eyes go cross eyed and start thinking of other things when you begin a lecture. As earlier, you are boring. :) Cold, robotic even at times.
You don't really think your inability to get along in even well behaved forums like this is coincidence, or some kind of conspiracy after all these years, and all these forums do you? Even here where you have been protected you have trouble getting any respect. Seeing a pattern yet Cliff? Insulting others is pretty much meaningless when you aren't respected or taken seriously. :)

I've been very polite to you. Cordial even. If you think I'm going to take you serious as a person though than You really are a funny guy! At least you have that going for you.

:)
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
KBR

Post by KBR »

endgame wrote:I have 2 knives at warrienty and repair for sharpening and repair right now.it took one weak to hear from them that they received it and I got a email that they are going to do all repaired for free.it has been 1 1/2wees since I heard back but them but is a huge knife show comming and a big sprint line due in August.so I don't expect a hurry.obviously u have never dealt with a knife company b4.you reply was very fast and curtous.try microtech you will cry.lol.it takes time for them to do things and go threw the proper chanels and paperwork. You can just go to another room and pick a knife up and send it.she has to order it do paperwork on it.then paperwork on you're first knife.wait for you're other knife to arrive then send it.it does make allot of sence that she has to wait to order it.big companies are targets of theft from employees.or just theft from one department to the other.I am a chef in a huge supermarket it takes me a hour just to get lettuce from the produce department with all the paperwork and phone calls.I cant just take it.so I'm sure its very hard and time consuming for them.it will be to you soon.
Apparently, you didn't read my first post. I have dealt with Spyderco customer service before so I am well aware of how things work. It may be better to read exactly what has been posted so we are all on the same page...

endgame

Post by endgame »

I read that part and wrote obviously to be sarcastic.if you felt with them b4 u now it would take a long time. Did you do a exchange b4.?that last sentence who are you yelling at?
KBR

Post by KBR »

endgame wrote:I read that part and wrote obviously to be sarcastic.if you felt with them b4 u now it would take a long time. Did you do a exchange b4.?that last sentence who are you yelling at?
The first time that I dealt with them ended up with an exchange and the whole experience didn't take more than three weeks' time or so.

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
KBR

Post by KBR »

^^^Lol!!!^^^

razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I had the exact pic evil posted in my head lol
Donut

Post by Donut »

This is an interesting thread, not so much related to the original topic.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
KBR

Post by KBR »

It has strayed a bit off topic but I, for one, don't mind. I really wasn't intending on this thread being a Spyderco bash fest.

Cliff Stamp

Post by Cliff Stamp »

The Mastiff wrote: I've been very polite to you. Cordial even.
Really, interesting definition :
The Mastiff wrote:

.. it's difficult to take you serious at some times.

You are quite aware that many people do find you annoying.

As earlier, you are boring.

Cold, robotic even at times.

... you aren't respected or taken seriously.
Again, nothing but an ad hominem attack, completely against the rules that Spyderco has set out, completely off topic as to your attempt to create a positive reporting bias.

My post had nothing in regards to personal commentary on you, and rather than deal with the issue you do nothing but engage in a personal attack - you end with noting further that you will continue to do so, again nothing to do with the topic, and among all of this you litter barbs to attempt to get me to engage in a personal discussion rather than deal with the issue at hand.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

KBR wrote:It has strayed a bit off topic but I, for one, don't mind. I really wasn't intending on this thread being a Spyderco bash fest.
Pretty sure that most of us aren't taking it that way, KBR. Some things do need to be brought to light in order for them to be addressed. My personal experiences with both Spyderco's warranty & repair and their customer service folk, while minimal, have been excellent, but that may be as much a case of good fortune as anything else. From what I've heard and read over the last ten years, ignoring all the cases where I thought the complaint sounded either totally unreasonable or fabricated, the quality of customer service has had its ups and downs and that now seems to be one of the downs.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
KBR

Post by KBR »

I highly agree, Paul. Although I have read some not so positive threads about customer service lately, it has been many years since my last interaction with them so I really didn't know what to expect. And while the Blade show may have been this past weekend, I really doubt that Spyderco headquarters would have been deserted, much less the Warranty and Repair dept.. As long as it may take though, I have no doubt that Spyderco will make things right and take steps to remedy the problem so others may not experience the same as I did.

Clip

Post by Clip »

I can't see how Cliff can hold those freehand angles so steady without being at least part robot.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris