Spyderco Mid-Year Suppliment is out!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Handled the Domino today... and now it is preordered hehe
PMBohol

Post by PMBohol »

ZL1 wrote:Handled the Domino today... and now it is preordered hehe
That knife is going to be a big hit. Congrats on your PO.
Raylas

Post by Raylas »

I'm surprised and a little crestfallen that the Damascus Stretch Sprint isn't featured. I thought it was supposed to be out later this month....
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Just wanted to assure many of the newcomers that Spyderco has, in the past, released plenty of sprint run knives not featured in the Spyderco catalog or mid-year supplement. If a particular sprint run was omitted from the update, don't fret, as it could very likely show up anyway! For example, last year's mid-year supplement did not feature the carbon fiber Dodo, yet it came out that November. So there is still hope that some of these other upcoming sprint runs will get released before the year is out.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I finally found the Domino with the production scales in the Award Nominee case at the middle of the show floor. The composite CF scales look *amazing*. Like some of the other twills and weaves, they look three dimensional. It makes for an understated and classy package.

When I handled the Domino at the booth (I had my hands on it for about 10 minutes over two days), I had the same gut reaction I had when I first held the Sage. It just felt "right" in hand. Natural. Comfortable. It felt more compact that it was. It is supremely functional. I WANT ONE OF THESE.

TedP
DBH

Post by DBH »

The serrata looks like a great fixed blade knife for the outdoors. Cant wait to see that one released.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

phillipsted wrote:I finally found the Domino with the production scales in the Award Nominee case at the middle of the show floor. The composite CF scales look *amazing*. Like some of the other twills and weaves, they look three dimensional. It makes for an understated and classy package.

When I handled the Domino at the booth (I had my hands on it for about 10 minutes over two days), I had the same gut reaction I had when I first held the Sage. It just felt "right" in hand. Natural. Comfortable. It felt more compact that it was. It is supremely functional. I WANT ONE OF THESE.

TedP

Is it about the same size as the Sage and have similar ergos? From your description you are making me really WANT ONE OF THESE. :)
DBH wrote:The serrata looks like a great fixed blade knife for the outdoors. Cant wait to see that one released.
This knife is very intriguing to me. Can't wait to see one.
Holland

Post by Holland »

twinboysdad wrote:because I happened to like patina, apparently I am not alone...http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... our-Patina!
your definitely not alone! i love patina on my blades!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
nccole

Post by nccole »

I really liked the original dimensions given for the Domino, more Manix like, but I still pre-ordered anyway. The more I get into knives the more I prefer 3.5" to 3" The price is about $10 more than I thought, but that's ok. It will be a while before it comes out, probably early 2014.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Domino is high on my must have list. The Superblue Delica is right behind it. My impulse buy of the show was a Orange Pingo. Lots of cool looking prototypes, I just hoped they are spaced out enough so I can raise the cash.
Attachments
myloot_800x600.jpg
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
BAL

Post by BAL »

Has anyone taken a look at the price for a stepped titanium Chaparral. I remember Wouter saying
that he thought that it would be price, but wow. It's a sweet knife though.
tap78

Post by tap78 »

BAL wrote:Has anyone taken a look at the price for a stepped titanium Chaparral. I remember Wouter saying
that he thought that it would be price, but wow. It's a sweet knife though.
@ KC
[TABLE="class: noborder table"]
[TR]
[TD="class: text-right"]Retail Price:
[/TD]
[TD]$564.95[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: text-right"]Our Price:
[/TD]
[TD]$361.95

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

WOW! :)
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
BAL

Post by BAL »

Yeah, I should have posted the price, sorry and thanks Tap78.
PMBohol

Post by PMBohol »

You're gonna need a bigger credit card. Hopefully that is a misprint.
Splice

Post by Splice »

The karahawk is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. Bet it's functional as all **** though! The Serrata is the definition of simplistic beauty. The Domino is very high on my list
Donut

Post by Donut »

Evil D wrote:I'm still really excited about the Domino...less about the flipper, more about the fact that it looks a lot like a FFG Manix 2.
I'll have to see if anyone grinds the flipper nub off the Domino and how it works as a normal knife. It looks promising as that.
phillipsted wrote:I had a chance to spend some time with the Domino today at Blade. It is one truly sweet blade. It seems slightly smaller than the Native in hand. The lock side and the liner are both titanium. It felt very light weight in hand. The version in the case at the show didn't have a CF scale - but had a blue twill scale instead. Eric said that it was just an experiment, and the production model would have a black CF composite. The action was superb. Good detent to hold it closed. When you press the flipper, it takes a little pressure to release it, but when it does release, it glides smoothly open. Very nice.

I am sold.

TedP
All that titanium sounds expensive. >.<
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Since the Cruware Military is postponed and not a single sprint in the Supplement is made in Golden they are obviously still trying to catch up with demand for USA Spydies.

I need another fixed blade like a hole in the head but the Serrata is calling to me. The blade/edge dimensions are wrong in the Supplement but whatever the actual length it's a little close to the Temp 2 so justifying the purchase is that much harder. I assume that the description of the G-10 being skeletonized means that the interior is dimpled.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Donut wrote:I'll have to see if anyone grinds the flipper nub off the Domino and how it works as a normal knife. It looks promising as that.

All that titanium sounds expensive. >.<
Less expensive than the Southard by almost 20% per KC's prices.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Sequimite wrote:Since the Cruware Military is postponed and not a single sprint in the Supplement is made in Golden they are obviously still trying to catch up with demand for USA Spydies.

I need another fixed blade like a hole in the head but the Serrata is calling to me. The blade/edge dimensions are wrong in the Supplement but whatever the actual length it's a little close to the Temp 2 so justifying the purchase is that much harder. I assume that the description of the G-10 being skeletonized means that the interior is dimpled.
The description is a tad confusing to me, as the scales are Black Linen Micarta, and only the steel handle part is skeletonised...

Like this...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Donut wrote:I'll have to see if anyone grinds the flipper nub off the Domino and how it works as a normal knife. It looks promising as that.

Not sure if that'll be possible with the way the flipper doubles as a part of the choil. The more I read about this knife, the more it's going to have to be handled before I pull the trigger, especially for the price. It has some steep competition for me with the Para/Manix/Yojimbo 2's.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David