Video of the Autonomy Starts at 4:12

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
v8r

Post by v8r »

tazkristi wrote:sorry v8r, it's an automatic and it is a restricted model. It will not be available for the general public.
Rats ! So I cant have one even if I get the bright yellow handled version! Nothing scary about yellow, and it screams caution....................
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

How come your video doesn't work for me?

- best wishes, Jazz.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Jazz wrote:How come your video doesn't work for me?

- best wishes, Jazz.
Something must have gone wrong when the thread got moved. You should be able to get to it with this link:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/EulnwCU8vQo[/video]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

Evil D wrote:Not available to the public. That's like dangling bacon in front of my face, letting me smell it, but not letting me taste it. That's just not fair :(
I hear you. Now my husband comes to me and asks about the Autonomy and when it will be available. He's not a huge Spyderco fan and I was thrilled to hear he saw one that caught his eye. And what do I have to read? Not available to the public :( Boo. Very big boo.
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

SuzieQ wrote:I hear you. Now my husband comes to me and asks about the Autonomy and when it will be available. He's not a huge Spyderco fan and I was thrilled to hear he saw one that caught his eye. And what do I have to read? Not available to the public :( Boo. Very big boo.
A more precise statement might be "Not available to private citizens in the USA". AFAIK, foreign sales are not subject to the same restrictions, so as long as it's legal to own in Germany you can probably get him one, although you may need to order it from a dealer on your side of the Atlantic.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
swampfoxoutdoors

Post by swampfoxoutdoors »

when will spyderco release some more information on the knife? I would also like to see a youtube video of the knife up close and personal.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Folks - I just want to point out that at one point in the past, Spyderco had to deal with some of the implications of selling "restricted" items in the United States. I'm sure they have received advice from their counsel that the laws surrounding restricted knives are very clear.

I don't think it is right for any of us to give them grief because they choose to stay on the right side of the law. We don't have to agree with the law, but for the time being, the law is the law - and Sal and Eric can't change it by themselves.

As several of you noted, once these restricted items are sold by Spyderco and they enter the supply chain, then the burden shifts to the reseller/retailer to be compliant with the law.

TedP

P.S. - that Autonomy is one beautiful piece of engineering!
swampfoxoutdoors

Post by swampfoxoutdoors »

when will it be released for sale?
Endura 4, Delica 4, UKPK drop point, Squeak, Ulize
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Has anyone heard news on the Autonomy? Do the restricted items still get posted in the new product release section? If not, has anybody seen one in the wild yet?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*