Blade Show 2013

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
raven

Blade Show 2013

Post by raven »

Hey All, Yep... the 2013 Blade Show is approximately two weeks out :cool: !!! Just curious to see who's going to attend this year and look forward to seeing some of the Spyderco Family ;) .

I'll be hanging out at table 16cc... Come by and say "Hello" and introduce yourself :) . Still love to meet some of the newer Spyderco Family Members and Catch Up with some of the Older Crew :cool: . Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always. Hope to see some of you soon.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I won't be able to make it this year (boo :( ), but a knife-making friend of mine is going. My family and I are planning a trip to Colorado this summer, so the Blade Show will unfortunately have to wait until next year. Have a safe trip, Raven, and be sure to take a lot of pictures! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Hey, Raven - I'll be there this year and it will be my first show. Really looking forward to it and I'll definitely drop by 16cc to say "howdy"!

TedP
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Have fun Ted! If you don't mind, swing by Brad Southard's booth and pick me up one of his customs please. :p
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

jabba359 wrote:Have fun Ted! If you don't mind, swing by Brad Southard's booth and pick me up one of his customs please. :p
Better make that a double, Ted. ;) :p
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Going to be there Friday and Saturday. I will look for table 16cc.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
araneae

Post by araneae »

It will be my first time at Blade, hopefully I will run into some of you.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'm way ahead of you guys. Brad's booth is going to be on of my first stops! I can't guarantee that I'll have enough space in my backpack to purchase a bunch to pass around, though... :)

TedP
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

I am still trying to decide whether to make the drive. I am on vacation during this time period, but two of our older vehicles just ate my discretionary income, and the one I would be driving needs a bit more put into it. I may, however, sell some things before the trip, or bring something to sell/trade at the show.

I did not notice anything in the main section of this forum indicating Spyderco would have a display at this year's Blade Show. (I will take another look.) Spyderco's absence would be a reason for me to stay close to home for this year's vacation, and aim for Blade 2014. I plan, tentatively, to buy a new vehicle in May 2014, which is yet another reason to wait for next year's show.
Civilians, Dodo, Guntings, Mili, P'kal, Rescues, Ronins, Temperance, others...

Have Colt, will travel.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Spyderco will be at Booth #20, which is, I believe, their usual location.

I will also be there, as I have every year since 2002. Driving down on Thursday and staying until Monday.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

I`ll be there,and I`m also looking forward to meeting some of the forumites.
spyderwa

Post by spyderwa »

I plan to be there all three days. Since I am flying in I won't be able to bring any interesting Spydercos with me. It should be a lot of fun.

spyderwa

Rare and Unusual Spyderco Page
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/spyderwa
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Wish I could be joining you in Atlanta David. Have a great time and I expect you to find some treasures to bring back and show off at next years OKCA show. I am hoping to make blade next year if everything goes as planned.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
raven

Post by raven »

All those traveling to the Blade Show... Please have a Very Safe Trip and We'll See You There ;) .

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

raven wrote:All those traveling to the Blade Show... Please have a Very Safe Trip and We'll See You There ;) .

-raven-
The same for you.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

raven wrote:All those traveling to the Blade Show... Please have a Very Safe Trip and We'll See You There ;) .

-raven-
Same to you, raven. We'll see you there - I'm flying out tomorrow and will be in line at noon Friday!

TedP
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

I am still deciding whether to make the trip. If I manage to clear some big things from my plate Thursday, I might start that way, for a Friday or Saturday arrival. Not being able to make it there by Thursday evening puts me at a disadvantage in trying to sell some things at "The Pit," as the night before the Show is the best time for private individual transactions. ("The Pit" is the informal name for the atrium/lobby of the Waverly, during the Blade Show.)

It is good to see that Spyderco will be there! It gives me more incentive to make the drive. :)
Civilians, Dodo, Guntings, Mili, P'kal, Rescues, Ronins, Temperance, others...

Have Colt, will travel.
araneae

Post by araneae »

I'll be on a plane in about 8 hours, travel safe guys!
-Nick

SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Happy travels, and bring back pictures!
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
araneae

Post by araneae »

Great stuff at the spydie booth. I have to say the introvert was so cool I had to hold it twice.
-Nick