Gator Skin texture pattern for the Endura

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

BOOMER52 wrote:That 'stang is CLEAN!

I also do non-bolstered gator skin scales. These have 60 thou black G10 liners. All about choices!

Love it it'd look better IMO with a sheen to it like gator skin.
How you'd achieve it idk.
Great job really suited to a black blade IMO .
northern munkey

Post by northern munkey »

Have you ever done any for a Delica? If so I would be happy to give some a test drive.

Awesome, awesome work
Atb
NM
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

I just happen to be developing the machining files for the Delica. I'm almost there... just a couple of tweaks to the code before I lock it down. The double sided machining requires indexing from front to back so the machining is in perfect alignment when the material is flipped. I'm doing the final adjustment on that now. Here's a CAD Preview image...

northern munkey

Post by northern munkey »

What format files do you produce? I have access to a Zund cutter with router.
Love the delica prototype pics. If you make them for sale I would be interested.
Atb
NM
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

northern munkey wrote:What format files do you produce? I have access to a Zund cutter with router.
Love the delica prototype pics. If you make them for sale I would be interested.
Atb
NM
My g-code output is Mach 2/3 Arcs (Inch) - Arcs output as G02/ G03 - inch units. I built my own controller using Gecko 251 drivers and Mach 2/3 Arcs (Inch) is what they digest well. I'm not familiar with ZUND and in looking at the CAD/CAM options for format output... no ZUND in the list.