Recent Issues on the Forum...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

Kristi-
Thanks so much for what you do. One of the reasons I enjoy this forum so much (other than its primary subject!) is that there is very little bickering and I can read meaningful content. I find some threads silly but it's easy enough to go on to the next one with no bad feelings about the one I've just left. You're working for a unique company and we hope you know that your efforts are widely appreciated.
Sharktooth

Post by Sharktooth »

Pneumothorax wrote:Thank Kristi. Too bad you had to jump in on this one. Unfortunately, sometimes PBJ sandwich time doesnt stop the insanity...
Should have tried Bacon....

Great post and Happy (belated) Mothers Day Kristi!
Ed Schempp

Post by Ed Schempp »

I'm for banning cyber bullies and trolls. Kristi and the forum should not have to deal with these people. Let them mitigate their way back after a month. You should not have to teach these folks manners that their parents should have taught them.
Ignore is a good feature. I would like to see a form letter to those who have grown to be ignored by more than a few. Better yet ban them if they don't behave...Take Care...Ed
endgame

Post by endgame »

Amen! Lets just talk knives I wish other sites would move on like this.you guys think this was bad try a salt water coral forum its like ww3 on them all the time.I have terrets syndrome and have a hard time spelling and getting my thought out on site and have been messed with allot on sites.people think it so easy to spell and type but for me its not.I firmly agreeable that everyone is entitled to there opinion on a knife I do not belittle people because I do not agree with them ever.its there rifgt to there opinion.
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

Thank you :)
[table="width: 1100, align: left"]
[tr]
[td][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/td]
[td]Cruwear Military, CTS-204P Para 2, K390 Mule
Southard, Techno, Sage 2, Gayle Bradley
Super Blue Caly 3, Caly 3.5, Endura and G10 Ladybug
ZDP-189 G10 Dragonfly, ZDP-189 Nishijin Dragonfly
[HR][/HR]:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
-Brandon

[/td]

[/tr]
[/table]
BAL

Post by BAL »

endgame wrote:Amen! Lets just talk knives I wish other sites would move on like this.you guys think this was bad try a salt water coral forum its like ww3 on them all the time.I have terrets syndrome and have a hard time spelling and getting my thought out on site and have been messed with allot on sites.people think it so easy to spell and type but for me its not.I firmly agreeable that everyone is entitled to there opinion on a knife I do not belittle people because I do not agree with them ever.its there rifgt to there opinion.
You hang in there brother, you are doing a great job. I am very fortunate and do not have
the health issues that you have to deal with, but somehow, I still manage to get my typing
and thoughts messed up regularly. I respect what you have to deal with every day.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

Well spoken from the heart! Thank you Kristi et all!
Tom
BAL

Post by BAL »

Ed Schempp wrote:I'm for banning cyber bullies and trolls. Kristi and the forum should not have to deal with these people. Let them mitigate their way back after a month. You should not have to teach these folks manners that their parents should have taught them.
Ignore is a good feature. I would like to see a form letter to those who have grown to be ignored by more than a few. Better yet ban them if they don't behave...Take Care...Ed
Very interesting to hear your comments Ed, thanks for taking
the time to respond. Sometimes a little TUFF love is best.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Ed Schempp wrote:I'm for banning cyber bullies and trolls. Kristi and the forum should not have to deal with these people. Let them mitigate their way back after a month. You should not have to teach these folks manners that their parents should have taught them.
+1 Too many indulged children masquerading as adults need to learn about consequences.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Alnamvet68

Post by Alnamvet68 »

I'm all for warnings, and the number is dependent on the seriousness of the infractions. I don't believe in erasing threads or locking them, so long as there are a sufficient number of posts that remain on topic, and all the troll threads, personal attack posts, and posts that will derail the thread are eliminated, with appropriate warnings, or banishment if needed of the guilty parties involved.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

My visits to this forum have been much less frequent of late. As things get more childish, I just don't visit this place as much, and may cease to do it at all if it keeps evolving. I know that everyone, myself included, can have a bad day or get sideways with another member. Lately it seems to be happening as often as not. Some members think that they are helping by firing back, and really it just adds fuel to the chaos. I hope some sense of balance returns soon.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I too have not posted here for some time because of statements made, and threads that have contained personal character (or lack thereof) statements. IMHO the thread about "flipping knives" really turned me off, and elicited many questionable responses by forum members. I do continue to read and learn from the forum. A personal thanks to Kristi for addressing this. It is unfortunate there was a need to start a thread of this nature. Thanks Kristi, and all at Spyderco for bringing us great knives, and a place to discuss them.
GTPowers

Post by GTPowers »

A stand up Gal for a stand up company.
Thanks and I'll do my best to keep on topic!
Cheers,
-GT
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Unfortunately for me, life has taken a bad turn. So Ive been away mulling over the meaning of life and my purpose in this world.

When I accessed the forum and saw this post after a lapse on my iPhone (which incidentally has this page as its home page :) ), I really really thought that it was about the forum knife.

I understand and agree with you. Having been the subject of a few scathing comments for my posts in the short time I've been here, I now try to think in the shoes of the other guy first before posting. It helps to keep things in perspective.

This forum is indeed special, as the cutting edge product it represents. No pun intended.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Ed, this is semi-off topic but under the circumstances I think it's appropriate to let you know how very much I - and I am completely certain I have a lot of company - appreciate the time you take to post here. You posts are always incredibly interesting and useful. The same goes for all of Spyderco's other collaborative designers (Gayle Bradley and Brad Southard leap to mind as recent examples, but there are others and I don't mean to slight any of them). I hope to be reading posts from you and them for a long time to come. Thank you very much for sharing your time and insights! :spyder:
mattman

Post by mattman »

One of the things I say to myself and others often is "You gotta take the good with the bad."

I know it sounds cliché, but, without some "bad" every now and then, it's easy to lose sight of, and therefore a true appreciation of, the inherent "good" of something, be it this forum, a simple burger, or something as broad as life in general...

Kudos to all who have kept perspective recently.
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Thank you :)
Well appreciated!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I'm just happy that it is Spring and a beautiful day outside and the sun is shining and I think I'll take the dog out for a long walk. With my Para2 in my pocket, of course. :)

Thanks, Kristi!

TedP
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Thank you Kristi and a happy belated mother's day! We appreciate your time and effort and Spyderco's to make this such a wonderful place to congregate.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
dishcore

Post by dishcore »

Many thanks to Kristi to keeping the peace. I've been a long time reader, and unfortunately decided to make my first few posts in regard to a recent squabble. Alas, I realize the error of my ways and know that the forum doesn't operate this way. It is special, and deserves better than a couple of puffed up chickens pecking at each other.

B'kaw, b'kaw, sorry, b'kaw.