If you could say one thing to Spyderco.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buck Knives I Like

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I don't think that he is [enforcer] but he was probably raised by the same parents in the same way. He probably fell in some dark stairwell when he was an infant. And landed on his head. ;)
Also if you are insulting my parents, Taz please stop me.

You gunna need more then peanut butter if you keep at it buddy.

Whatever reasons you people don't like me for just send me an IM and we can talk it out, how about stop trying to make every thread of mine a catastrophic mess
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Chuck is my three-beer Internet posting doppelgänger. :D
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Ferris Wheels wrote: Now if we could only convince Sal to post a picture of the amazing knife he was carrying at the show!!!
No joke, that thing was really awesome.

I get to talk to them each year at the OKCA. This year I told them that I was really impressed with the way that they look at problems, and that it has heavily influenced how I look at problems involving design. The stop lock changed everything for me. I'm currently working on a stop lock design, because I honestly think it is the smartest lock out there. It is kind of a hybrid of an axis, a bbl and something like a bolt lock, but it is reduced to only what is necessary and no more.

Honestly, I'm more interested in listening when I get Sal and Eric's time. Sal's especially. He brings a ton of knowledge to the table in a very approachable way.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:How about stop trying to make every thread of mine a catastrophic mess
It would be nice to take one's own advice....
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Buck Knives I Like

SolidState wrote:It would be nice to take one's own advice....
I'm in my own thread, I don't go to your threads and hunt you down then spam and make personal attacks. Then say Come On guys lets all just get along?! Clearly we won't get along until these people get what they want and that is probably me being banned. Everyone has something smart to say over the internet huh? I simply just don't let people verbally try to attack me.

If you think I'm provoking anyone you clearly aren't using your grade school education well enough, so go on and read some more.
PMBohol

Post by PMBohol »

It seems like BKIL is dangerously isolating himself.
Buck Knives I Like

PMBohol wrote:It seems like BKIL is dangerously isolating himself.
I never liked people anyway.
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

I haven't been very active lately.. Nor was I terribly active when I was active.. But will say this:

Buck, I've read most, if not all, of your posts, and can tell that you're an intelligent dude. (comma, much :rolleyes :)

Anyhow. There's nothing wrong with putting an opinion out there. And then following-up on said opinion/s..
This forum is one you must adapt to.. It will not adapt to you..
I don't mean you can't be you.. but folks aren't going to roll-over and let you keep looking for an angle to piss people off..

Shape-up, bub.
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
Buck Knives I Like

darkstar29 wrote:I haven't been very active lately.. Nor was I terribly active when I was active.. But will say this:

Buck, I've read most, if not all, of your posts, and can tell that you're an intelligent dude. (comma, much :rolleyes :)

Anyhow. There's nothing wrong with putting an opinion out there. And then following-up on said opinion/s..
This forum is one you must adapt to.. It will not adapt to you..
I don't mean you can't be you.. but folks aren't going to roll-over and let you keep looking for an angle to piss people off..

Shape-up, bub.
I liked the first part of your post but really I am just trying to compile information for people who want it, when people make personal attacks as such in this thread, it becomes more than an opinion. I understand what you mean, I just hope people understand me as well.
dishcore

Post by dishcore »

It's getting rather muddy in here. Anyone suspect the subconscious reasoning for the extra antagonism towards Buck here is the fact that he has another knife manufacturer listed in his username? I have to think that has to play into it some, people do tend to get rather territorial over their brand. Spyderco has always had the best followers that I have seen though, typically very respectful. Once a little blasphemy rears it's ugly head the gloves are off though. Sorry Buck, I hate to say it but I think you were doomed from the start.

Peace y'all.
Buck Knives I Like

dishcore wrote:It's getting rather muddy in here. Anyone suspect the subconscious reasoning for the extra antagonism towards Buck here is the fact that he has another knife manufacturer listed in his username? I have to think that has to play into it some, people do tend to get rather territorial over their brand. Spyderco has always had the best followers that I have seen though, typically very respectful. Once a little blasphemy rears it's ugly head the gloves are off though. Sorry Buck, I hate to say it but I think you were doomed from the start.

Peace y'all.
I own 1 buck knife and soon I will probably sell it for the forum knife from spyderco, lol. I also can't help but think my little experience over at bladeforums has something to do with it. Although BF drama shouldn't follow me and I have been assured.. I feel that is something no one can guarantee.

I honestly think people don't like me because I really don't care if people like me. If that makes sense.

Whether its because they think I'm some punk, or are jealous they can't pull it off I'm not quite sure. I just know I like knives, I thought that was the only common interest that was supposed to matter here.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

dishcore wrote:It's getting rather muddy in here. Anyone suspect the subconscious reasoning for the extra antagonism towards Buck here is the fact that he has another knife manufacturer listed in his username? I have to think that has to play into it some, people do tend to get rather territorial over their brand. Spyderco has always had the best followers that I have seen though, typically very respectful. Once a little blasphemy rears it's ugly head the gloves are off though. Sorry Buck, I hate to say it but I think you were doomed from the start.

Peace y'all.
No. Pretty much it's the words and arrangement of them.
Buck Knives I Like

Blerv wrote:No. Pretty much it's the words and arrangement of them.
Then close your eyes.

You people are at the same level I am at verbally trust me, you just see what you want to see. I'd beg to differ that you guys are actually far more extreme / personal then I am with what you say. As I said this is sort of my thread so who is looking for the trouble hmm?
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Buck Knives I Like wrote: they can't pull it off I'm not quite sure.
What is bulling it off? My gradeschool education never taught me that one. Maybe that's what I'd ask Sal.
Sir Humphry Davy
KBR

Post by KBR »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:.......I am just trying to compile information for people who want it.......
A word of advice---read more and post less. You'd be surprised at how much information has already been compiled here at this forum, if you do a search.
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Dishcore, I do not think that is the case at all. I would eat my hat if anyone here has a problem with this guy because of his name... and it is Buck an iconic brand of all things, most everyone here own Bucks. That would be against Sal's shiny footprints example and really what Spyderco and this forum is supposed to stand for. His actions speak louder than name or anything else. You dont have to believe me, do me a favor and read his posts and you will see that plenty of it was unprovoked aggression towards others. It's the way it is now on this thread because he has developed a reputation and plenty seem to have had enough of it. Don't have to take me up on the offer to read his posts but, don't make such a claim without knowing much of it. He feels liberated to do what he wants here without fear of being disciplined. Answer this...Is it really that hard to get along with people in an internet knife forum?

I am not against debating topics... **** not even against arguing and people being petty sometimes like some including one in a position of power here has suggested. Who cares about that... Its non of my business. It's the fact that this guy keeps picking fights with people, its not productive. I don't even care about stupid thread topics and other things. Just get along with people is it really too much to ask?
Buck Knives I Like

KBR wrote:A word of advice---read more and post less. You'd be surprised at how much information has already been compiled here at this forum, if you do a search.
This is by far the most idiotic response in this entire thread. I'm done with you losers, yeah I said losers because you have nothing better to do then kick it and harass me in my threads. I'll be back to read your lovely responses in the AM.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

KBR wrote:A word of advice---read more and post less. You'd be surprised at how much information has already been compiled here at this forum, if you do a search.
This.....^^^

The first months I was here I did more searching and reading than posting threads with random titles. The information is there and can be asked again because opinions change, but I think it's the approach that comes across crass.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:I honestly think people don't like me because I really don't care if people like me. If that makes sense.
Buck Knives I Like wrote:This is by far the stupidest response in this entire thread. I'm done with you losers, yeah I said losers because you have nothing better to do then kick it and harass me in my threads. I'll be back to read your lovely responses in the AM.
Since you clearly don't understand the meaning of apathy perhaps you can look up irony?
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Buck Knives I Like wrote:This is by far the stupidest response in this entire thread. I'm done with you losers, yeah I said losers because you have nothing better to do then kick it and harass me in my threads. I'll be back to read your lovely responses in the AM.
Right on cue. But some of course, will construe this as dry friendly sarcasm... Well maybe it is, and I just have a wild imagination. No one can be this much of a troll.