Knife Display Cases

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
shaolinbill

Knife Display Cases

Post by shaolinbill »

With my knives scattered in drawers throughout the house, my wife asked me "Can't you find a nice knife display case?"

I would say that I have [will have] about 30-50 knives in my collection.

All ideas and vendor links welcomed?

Thanks.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I really like the pelican case option for secure storage and ease of access. The wooden mechanics chests are nice, but also bulky and cumbersome. What were you looking for specifically?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
shaolinbill

Post by shaolinbill »

xceptnl wrote:I really like the pelican case option for secure storage and ease of access. The wooden mechanics chests are nice, but also bulky and cumbersome. What were you looking for specifically?
The pelican cases are great for security - I was thinking some more decorative with a glass top, etc.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

shaolinbill wrote:The pelican cases are great for security - I was thinking some more decorative with a glass top, etc.
If I had the space and the freedom to do as I please, I would have a shadowbox or humidor coffee table that would allow me to arrange and display my knives for all to see. I may do this one day when my children are grown, but it is not safe for now.

*Landon*
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

That is beautiful noseoil!
*Landon*
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Very nice.

I am inclined to probably make something fairly primitive, in stone and wood, and maybe a little metal - those opening holes are excellent for threading a bike lock, strong cord, or other item through so as to keep them secure.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Rayd

Post by Rayd »

I have a few of these cases http://www.customdisplays.com/knife-display-cases.html
This is one of the 18x24x2 cases full of some Microtechs
micro 004a by bladerunnr40, on Flickr
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
- Milan Kundera
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I use shadow boxes, which I found in "Home goods" store. Each is under $20.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
endgame

Post by endgame »

Love thaot microtech collection you wanna sell one of those llc.or mtx?jay knives has a couple of knife cases.
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

This is simply awesome! :)
bh49 wrote:

Stay Sharp!
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Question- for a shadow-box that is going to hang on the wall, how do you hold the knives in place? Are they easily removable if you want to select one to carry?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

LC Kid wrote:This is simply awesome! :)
thank you.
bdblue wrote:Question- for a shadow-box that is going to hang on the wall, how do you hold the knives in place? Are they easily removable if you want to select one to carry?
Set-up is simple and easy.
Shadow boxes have hardware on the back the same like frames, which allow to hang them on the wall. If they don't, you can buy it in home depot along with hooks which go to the wall. To hold knives I use tailor pins. One through Spyderhole, one through laneyard hole, if such present and one or two to support underneath. Easy to take out.
Good luck,
R
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian