Cruwear military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Buck Knives I Like

Cruwear military

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

Will the pre orders for the Cruwear military sell out or am I worried over nothing?
Rangodash

Post by Rangodash »

Go to a place that rhymes with life kenter.com
(Libertarian)(.357)(CPM M4)
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

They might, they might not. My psychic powers are failing me at the moment and I seem to have misplaced my magic 8-ball. ;) (just joking! :p )

A lot of places aren't taking pre-orders at all anymore. Howes, Grand Prarie, etc. You seem to be here on the forum a lot, so I'm sure you'll get word when they arrive at these dealers and will be able to snag one if you put some effort into it. It should be a great knife and I hope you get one.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Your best bet is to sign up to be notified when your favorite online dealer gets stock in so you can purchase one at that time.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm offering animal sacrifices now so the gods will allow me to have one. :D
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

I wonder what the chances are I could trade a Cruwear Military for an M390/CF or M4/Brown G-10 or another previous sprint run.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

kennethsime wrote:I wonder what the chances are I could trade a Cruwear Military for an M390/CF or M4/Brown G-10 or another previous sprint run.
I'd say you have a very good chance of doing a trade for a cruwear with an M390. The M4/G10 will be a bit harder to trade for, IMHO. There are no guarantees however.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I'd say you have a very good chance of doing a trade for a cruwear with an M390. The M4/G10 will be a bit harder to trade for, IMHO. There are no guarantees however.
Oh I know, was just curious what other people thought, if stuff like this is common on BST sites or not.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

kennethsime wrote:Oh I know, was just curious what other people thought, if stuff like this is common on BST sites or not.
Also you might qualify that because that might be construed as fishing for a trade offer. :)
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

The Military with brown g10 is CTS-XHP. The M4 had a g10 scale and a titanium scale. I think thanks what Chuck was getting at re: brown M4 being hard to come by.
In chronological order:
Paramilitary 2, BD30P Manix 2, Delica 4, M390 Mule, XHP Military, Dragonfly 2, Woodcraft Mule, ZDP-189 Manbug, Cruwear Mule, Superleaf, Forum Native 5, Manix 2 XL, Endura 4
Holland

Post by Holland »

ricechrispy wrote:The Military with brown g10 is CTS-XHP. The M4 had a g10 scale and a titanium scale. I think thanks what Chuck was getting at re: brown M4 being hard to come by.
+1
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Also you might qualify that because that might be construed as fishing for a trade offer. :)
For the record, I'm not making an offer, lol. I am looking at a Military, and I want something other than the plain jane if I can, but don't want to spend $300, lol. Just wondering if trades like that happened. Thanks for keeping me honest Chuck.

The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

The M4/Ti Millies are probably the most difficult to find in new, or original non frankenmodded condition, though the S90V Millie will get higher prices.

The Cruwear Millie has or has not had a number of the run released? As difficult as ingot Cruwear is to work there might be a bunch of seconds.

I don't know if this is to finish out the batch of steel ordered for mules or if it is a whole run of 600, 1000, etc.

I will be trying hard to make sure one of these ends up in my hands. Two if things really go my way as I don't expect to ever see these again. High wear stainless steels such as M390 will always have greater demand no matter the performance of the non stainless alloys and tool steels. There is a substantial number of people who won't buy non stainless knives for whatever reasons.

And I've waited over 30 years for a knife with this combination of attributes.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

The BHQ page for the cruwear military says it's a 1200 piece sprint run. Whether this is accurate remains to be seen.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Maybe I'm misinformed but whats the point of a millie in Cruwear? I've read that's it not any better that S30V but have no clue if that's true?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Philo Beddoe wrote:Maybe I'm misinformed but whats the point of a millie in Cruwear? I've read that's it not any better that S30V but have no clue if that's true?
If cruwear is anywhere near 3v, I'd absolutely love it in a millie.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I still don't get the appeal of 3V in folders...or even smaller fixed blades. It seems great for big camp knives/choppers...
On the hunt for...
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Philo Beddoe wrote:Maybe I'm misinformed but whats the point of a millie in Cruwear? I've read that's it not any better that S30V but have no clue if that's true?
They are close in percentage of carbide forming alloys so that really remains to be seen I guess, I think a lot will depend on final RC hardness.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I still don't get the appeal of 3V in folders...or even smaller fixed blades. It seems great for big camp knives/choppers...
I'm thinking that toughness will allow thin, stable edges that will resist chipping. Think s30v that is tougher.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:If cruwear is anywhere near 3v, I'd absolutely love it in a millie.
Whats 3v?