OT/ great way to carry your SAK !!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
knifelady5487207

OT/ great way to carry your SAK !!!

Post by knifelady5487207 »

just got my leatherman belt sheath for the juice, the leather one that goes for $9, it fits the mid sized SAK perfectly and still snaps closed, AND has a belt clip so you don't even have to wear a belt ! my SAK camper has a new home. now you don't need a pocket clip.
dynaryder

Post by dynaryder »

I carry my Swisschamp in a Ripoffs pager case. Fits like a glove and has a j-clip on the back. They also make a great heavy-duty clip-on holster for a Minimag/multi combo.
www.ripoffs.com
Alan2112

Post by Alan2112 »

I just recently got a new PST after passing my slightly used Sideclip to my better half. I'm not overly crazy about the Leatherman leather sheath with the split in the back, and the leather in my openion comes up to high over the snape. There's little I could do about the split, but I used our Gerber 400ST's Fisker scissors to remove that excess leather. Now it's easier to reach the tool no matter what position I'm in. For our SAK I have a beutiful Victorinox basket weave sheath for it I got at SMKWs. RKBA!
knifelady5487207

how did you like the sideclip, i'm thinking about buying one ?
dynaryder

Post by dynaryder »

Alan: I think the Leatherman leather sheaths are kinda cheesy. The leather's thin and after awhile the tab by the snap gets creased and it gets hard to open. I like the new nylon sheaths that can also be worn horizontal,they tuck in better.

Kifelady: the Sideclip's alright,but it's a little basic. Needs a file and maybe a saw. I always thought they should've just put a clip on the PST;there's not that big of a diff in size between the two. The new Juices are pretty cool,like SAK's w/real pliers. I've got a KF4(the yellow one) that sees alot of EDC carry. Only complaint is the drivers are a little short.
Alan2112

Post by Alan2112 »

Knifelady, what dynaryder said, but the Sideclip is a good basic tool, and the clip is handy.
knifelady5487207

i'll have to check out the nylon sheath, i was just happy to find a good way to tote my SAK since they aren't putting clips on them, i tried the juice but i didn't care for the scissors, i like the SAK ones much better. i'm really suprised that victorinox won't make a mid-sized model with a spydie (or BM or CS) type pocket clip, it would make them so much more convenient.

this will NEVER happen: a SAK with a pocket clip and an auto release on the main blade, now that would be COOL !!!