Police/Rookie sprints?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jldc

Post by jldc »

Blerv wrote:I guess some folks feel more secure with a g10 knife but do you have any data that a FRN nested liner knife is any weaker? More often than not liners are added to increase rigidity and hardware attachment points like for clips. They do reinforce the pivot but not because they are thick. That and I've heard of more liner-less knives snapping at the blade than shearing out at the pivot or lockbar. Place some steel (any type) in there and the chance decreases further.
IMO FRN is probably the "best" handle material when viewed from a purely objective (and not esthetic) approach. The combination of low cost, light weight, strength, stain resistance, durability and "non-slip" isn't matched by any other handle material. However, it just isn't very "sexy" and I tend to prefer other handle materials for my knives. If I didn't care anything about a knife except how well it worked, I'd just own FRN Delica and never buy another knife.

L
Alnamvet68

Post by Alnamvet68 »

How about a "Rookie 2 Mid-Weight" and a "Police 4 Mid-Weight"....4 position clip on the bi-directional FRN scale sets, with full steel liners and steel back lock and spacers?
arty

Post by arty »

I would like a Rookie with liners on both sides. This would still keep the knife thin and compact.