byrd Meadowlark 2 blade play

Discuss Spyderco's byrd knives.
Deal4

byrd Meadowlark 2 blade play

Post by Deal4 »

My first "spyderco" was the byrd Meadowlark 2 about 1 1/2 years ago so I am relatively new to spyderco. Since then I have bought 3 other "real" spyderco knives and working on my 4th (a Stretch :D )
I still enjoy my Meadowlark 2, but about 3 months ago the blade developed quite a bit of up and down play. Even though I have used it as my work knife a good bit I am very careful with my knives and never did anything close to the amount of abuse a lot of knives experience.
I have tried to tighten the pivot to the point of the blade being difficult to open and close but still hasn't fixed the problem.
There is no distinguishable side to side play, but the up and down play does concern me. :(
I cannot think of anyway to fix this so if anyone has any great ideas I would love to hear them!
araneae

Post by araneae »

Not much you can do about that. Vertical movement is not uncommon in lockbacks. If you find it is excessive you could always send it to spyderco and have them look at it.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Deal4

Post by Deal4 »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. Unfortunately I am now living outside of the US so for the price of the knife it wouldn't be very cost effective.
This is pretty disappointing as I read so many good reviews before I bought this. I know it isn't an expensive knife, but I thought it would hold up to normal basic EDC use.
oswaldwark

Re: byrd Meadowlark 2 blade play

Post by oswaldwark »

Not much you can do about that. Vertical movement is not uncommon in lockbacks.????
Try out our free learning spanish and latest comptia spanishprograms - learn spanish cd car training courses to get high flying success in final and studyspanish exams