Syderco Hobbit Warrior?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
THFH

Post by THFH »

Hi all
The last I heard from Sal the hang up has been the sheath. The final pre production sample I got was perfect including the execution on the stackable handles. Seeing the weakest link of a CQB blade is the human hand this allows the user to adjust the grip to maximize their grip.
This is especially necessary for executing plane of attack not to be confused with angle of attack. The stackable handle adds another kink to sheath design but I am sure that Spyderco will figure it out. No one is more anxious than I to see the Pygmy Warrior released. I have three REKAT versions including one sans teeth. The old hag Pygmy Warrior
Keep the faith and hopefully it will be soon.

THFH
sal

Post by sal »

It's being made as we type. Shouldn't be too long now.

Most of you know that we've had a buit of a problem with making enough of certain models. While things are improving, major improvements won't really be noticed until after the addition.

I am also workingon a Spyderized versionof the Pocket Hobbit, but it's still going to be a ways off.

sal
Mike Sastre

Post by Mike Sastre »

Good news!! Thanks for the input Sal and Bob!!
Greg Walker

Post by Greg Walker »

Just an afterthought - the design is more accurately a Randy Wanner (Hwa Rang Do) design that was later contributed to and in partnership with Bob Taylor. Wanner states in my book "Battle Blades" from Paladin Press that the Warrior would NEVER have reached the specialty production stage had it not been for Al (Mar) to include production design input, his contacts in Japan and over $20K just for the grip tooling. After the AMK Warrior came out - in contract with Wanner/Taylor who received royalty payments - the knife became a collector piece and went out of production (after Al passed). REKAT brought its models online - and then went out of business - and now there's the Spyderco model which is entirely different (truly) than either the AMK or REKAT models. Of the models released for production I favor the AMK Warrior and the REKAT LW. I've worked with the Spyderco model now for several months and am not that excited about it as I first was.
GW