A special Leafstorm

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

A special Leafstorm

Post by twinboysdad »

My father has very selflessly helped my wife and I with tuition for my son's early intervention. I have twins and one is on the autism spectrum and due to the program he is in, he will start kindergarten on time and with his brother. Pops carries the same Kershaw Leek he has had for years and I gifted him a Millie for helping us last year. He loved it but it only gets used for hunting and yard work as he says it is too big for edc. My local knifemonger here in Birmingham, AL has a sale on overstocked Spydies and I was able to get him a Leafstorm NIB for $90! He was really taken back by the second Spydie gift and was blown away by the LBK. I made him aware of the msrp just so he knew what a great blade it is. Thanks to Sal for making a product that is worthy of the gratitude I feel towards my father. On a personal note, I would love to see an Autism Awareness sprint from Spyderco.
alerin

Post by alerin »

Lucky you and lucky dad. My son is also on the spectrum, he has aspergers so I would love to see an Autism Awareness knife. My wife bought me a Sebenza Enigma, has puzzle pieces on it, closes I have found for Autism Awareness. And like you my father has played a major part in my sons life.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Nice grab on the Leafstorm. Your father is developing a nice little collection too. Feel free to share the contact info for your dealer in Birmingham!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
BenDun

Post by BenDun »

I snagged a sage 3 from the same local dealer for $75!
Knifeaddict

Post by Knifeaddict »

Great story Twin and you are blessed to have such a great supportive family. My Dad is pure gold also and I hope my child feels the same about me some day . Every time he uses those knives he will have a warm heart :)
Skywarp

Post by Skywarp »

You're a lucky man twinboysdad. My dad passed away when I was 10 but he bought me my first penknife when I was 8 and that started my long obsession. I no longer have that knife but I still have his, a double blade slipit with a picture of Blackpool tower on it - probably bought in the 1960s.
Urban Leaf, Superblue Delica 4, Leafstorm, Brown XHP Native, Brown Para 2
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Great story and great that you can share that with your dad. My dad passed away last year - unfortunately, I was not able to make him a Spyderholic, but did buy him a couple of knives. In memorium, I bought a Bradley Air to carry with me all the time. I also found his old Boy Scout jack knife that sort of started this knife obsession for me in m youth. Took all the rust off, put a good edge on it and now also have that as a true keepsake.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!