I think i'm getting addicted

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
KnifeCrazyEric

I think i'm getting addicted

Post by KnifeCrazyEric »

Yeah, that's how it is. I got my Tenacious yesterday and used it through the day (usual EDC use you get the idea) and i already planned my next purchase, which will be a resilience.

HELP! :spyder: :eek:
Current EDC : :spyder: Tenacious (Black)
BD583

Post by BD583 »

The Resilience is a great knife just because the blade is so big. Its just a lot of fun, but too big to EDC for most.

For your third knife I would look at a Manix2. Continuing step wise up the price scale... PM2, Perrin PPT, Gayle Bradley, then Navaja or Szabo. Maybe throw in a fixed blade Street Beat or Temperance2. That would start a nice Spyderco collection.

Note: Get a Perrin PPT while you can still find one for a good price. I have seen prices rising fast as the inventory starts to dry up. I have wanted one for years and just received my in the mail on Saturday. All I can say is that it contours to your hand like a glove.

For my 42nd Spyderco, I am looking at buying a Jumpmaster or Vallotton Sub-Hilt. I need to get a Warrior this year too.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

It's too late, you're past the point of no return now. But it's a fun addiction :)

BD583's recommendations are good. The Manix2 is one of my personal favorites along with the Matriarch2 and Native5.
:spyder: in possession: Endura4 CE, Endura4 Trainer, Delica4 PE, Delica4 Trainer, Matriarch2, Manix2 PE Black Blade, Atlantic Salt, Tasman Salt SE, Tasman Salt PE, Pacific Salt PE Black Blade, UKPK Drop Point PE Maroon, Squeak, Bob T, Grasshopper, Kiwi Stag, Native Lightweight CE, Ambitious, Poliwog, Manbug LW, Native5, ATR Ti SE, Spydercard, Calypso Jr. SE, Caly 3.5 G10, Meerkat, Street Bowie, Swick2.

en route:

:spyder:wants: Pingo, Yojimbo2, Street Beat, Jester, Ronin, Starmate.
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

I have two Resiliences ! ;)
JD Spydo

Picking up Pop/Beer cans for a Soutfork

Post by JD Spydo »

I'm right there with you Brother :) I'm picking up pop & beer cans as we speak just so I can swing a SOUTHFORK :cool:

If there is a strong will and strong desire then there will be a way to get the ones you need the most.

Just remember some Spyders can be a decent investment over time.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Stony

Post by Stony »

Once you buy your first Spydie it is all down hill from there (In a good way). :D
Holland

Post by Holland »

atleast in this hobby, the knives hold their value. pretty easy to get most if not all your money back if you need to
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

That's how it started for most of us. The good thing is that there are plenty of examples here of people who are more addicted than yourself to justify buying a few more knives and saying to yourself or loved one that I'm not as bad as them. :D
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

A couple a month isn't too bad I thought..................20 years later = 240+ (just don't add up the money) I had to give up drinking for this!!
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Holland wrote:atleast in this hobby, the knives hold their value. pretty easy to get most if not all your money back if you need to
I am going to forward this to my wife, is it Ok if I have her send any further correspondence or questions directly to you.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I have several Tenacious knives and a Resilience. They are great workign knives.
Nothing against these knives at all, like I said I have several, However, you will
find out that the higher priced knives are definately an upgrade in quality.

I think that BD583 is right on point, the Manix2 would be a great third knife. It
was one of the first ones that I got and it is still one of my favorites. The Native
lightweight is another decently priced knife that makes a great EDC blade.

Enjoy the addiction.
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

Give it a month or two and you will be looking beyond the "value line" of Spydercos and start plotting $200 range purchases.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

KnifeCrazyEric wrote:Yeah, that's how it is. I got my Tenacious yesterday and used it through the day (usual EDC use you get the idea) and i already planned my next purchase, which will be a resilience.

HELP! :spyder: :eek:
You have come to the wrong place if you really want help. :) I think this forum started as a Spydieholic support group. After a very nice meeting with lots of testimonies of how there were no groceries in the house but there is a new knife in the mailbox, everyone piled into cars and went to the closest knife store. :D
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I know what your saying they sent me to a place in Florida to try and shake it off. Only plastic spoons in the cafeteria, no pockets allowed on your pants that kind of thing. A lot of people sharing stories, my kid had no diapers but I bought a knife, when I asked my girlfriend to marry me I presented her with a knife instead of an engagement ring and she turned me down, I used a Pygmy Warrior at the office to open my mail and I lost my job wa, wa, wa. Anyway, I couldn't take it any more so me and a couple of the guys broke out and well ... they found us at a local knife shop not to far down the road, credit cards racked lots of red boxes all over the place, it wasn't pretty, no not pretty at all. That said, they had some old stock in the back and I picked up a CF Para 2 for under three hundred bucks, how can you beat that!
setldown

Post by setldown »

Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.