what's next to lighten your wallet?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have a Junior shipping to my local knife shop for evaluation. I'm not sure if I'll buy it yet but I have a feeling I will.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Just ordered a Caly 3 Super Blue last night from Knifeworks. I had been putting it off, but decided I better get one before they are gone, annd I already have the 3.5 Super Blue.
BladeDevil

Post by BladeDevil »

Thanks, please let me know what you think about it once you get it, it's the only sage I got left to get to complete my sage collection
PatCatMan

Post by PatCatMan »

2012 - 2013 Forum Knife and the new Domino
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
AcadianBlade

Post by AcadianBlade »

I just got on to the forum, but If someone asked me this before last week I would have said the Spyderco Superleaf. I actually got it last Tuesday from Cultery Shoppe for $96. It was the second last one they had in stock. As soon as they filled my order they put up the price to $120 for the last one. Since it's "Discontinued" they won't be getting more. So I think I got lucky on that one. :)
:spyder:Wish List:spyder:
:spyder:Super Leaf 2:spyder:
:spyder:Tenacious 2:spyder:
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I'm letting the cash build up before the Superblue wave comes in.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

For the first time in 3 years I don't have anything that I want that's up and coming, except for the rumored Native 5 Forum knife in S110V (and that's still a rumor).
DelicateEndurance

Post by DelicateEndurance »

I'm having a hard time deciding between a Matriarch II and a Police Stainless Steel. :)
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Southard and Super blue endura.
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Fluted Ti , the karahawk and the friction ...possibly and a tenacious to customise.
Oh and a blue tenacious .
That's the realistic list as for what I would buy if I could just strike a tick next to most of em ;) .
grewich

Post by grewich »

I just ordered a techno. I have the green para on preorder....we all know how that is going....

That'll be it till the blue lava. *drool...
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Depends on which of these hits the streets first:
  • 2013 Forum Knife
  • Blue G-10 Sprint Lava
  • C44 Dyad Sprint
  • Calypso Jr Sprint
  • Autonomy
  • Chaparral 3
  • CF Chaparral with CTS-XHP steel
  • One of the various Sprint Run Stretch variants that have been hinted at over the past year
  • Something that appears out of the blue, unannounced, and truly excites me
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Looking at getting a Calypso Jr. as I have been in the mood for discontinued spydies. Also have my eyes set on a Bradley, Yo2, and possibly a Chapparal. However, I am intrigued by a good number of the knives Mr. Blonde was kind enough to share with us from the Amsterdam meet.
:spyder: in possession: Endura4 CE, Endura4 Trainer, Delica4 PE, Delica4 Trainer, Matriarch2, Manix2 PE Black Blade, Atlantic Salt, Tasman Salt SE, Tasman Salt PE, Pacific Salt PE Black Blade, UKPK Drop Point PE Maroon, Squeak, Bob T, Grasshopper, Kiwi Stag, Native Lightweight CE, Ambitious, Poliwog, Manbug LW, Native5, ATR Ti SE, Spydercard, Calypso Jr. SE, Caly 3.5 G10, Meerkat, Street Bowie, Swick2.

en route:

:spyder:wants: Pingo, Yojimbo2, Street Beat, Jester, Ronin, Starmate.
GTPowers

Post by GTPowers »

Ordered my, probably, last Spyderco for a good long time.
We've got a babe on the way and plans to move across country to NJ.
Something longstanding was needed as a "last but not least" mid-20s splurge before fatherhood kicks in.
So I orderd the Gayle Bradley.
Cheers,
GT
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

GTPowers wrote:Ordered my, probably, last Spyderco for a good long time.
We've got a babe on the way and plans to move across country to NJ.
Something longstanding was needed as a "last but not least" mid-20s splurge before fatherhood kicks in.
So I orderd the Gayle Bradley.
Cheers,
GT
Great choice, GT!

Good luck with the Bambino! You'll never know what hit you, until its too late! And before you know it, he/she will be grabbing your car keys on the way out the door... :cool:

TedP
einstein2001

Post by einstein2001 »

I've also got a Sage 2 on the way!
mineralman55

Post by mineralman55 »

First post here. I've got a Delica 4 black with saber grind for my EDC. I've got a number of Cold Steel folders with the triad lock (Voyager Lg, Recon1, Lawman) and I'm really impressed with them, but I'm looking for a Spyderco heavy duty folder, probably like the Manix2. Any suggestions?
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

mineralman55 wrote:First post here. I've got a Delica 4 black with saber grind for my EDC. I've got a number of Cold Steel folders with the triad lock (Voyager Lg, Recon1, Lawman) and I'm really impressed with them, but I'm looking for a Spyderco heavy duty folder, probably like the Manix2. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum
If you are looking for a truly heavy duty folder I would suggest the Tuff by Ed Schempp if you have the cash for it, it's not cheap but a tank. But the manix2 is great too.
I'm probably going to score a tan m4 manix2 next.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I have a few knives on my wish list. I just looked it over and I think if I had the extra cash right now I'd get a Native 5. Either that or the Chaparral ti but I believe the Native 5 would have to be first. I believe I would like the handle better than the ti. Never been a real fan of SS handles and the ti is about the same type of grip I've read. The Chaparral is textured so that probably helps. But, I do LOVE the Chaparral CF and I think the ergos will make up for any less grip. I have another need to fill first though so I'll have time to make up my mind. Well, actually in situations like this my mind isn't really made up until 1 second before pressing the enter key on the "complete this order" page. :) I need a small drill press more than I need a new knife. That's the next $100 plus purchase for me. I do have a birthday coming up next month so if all of you who think I'm an idiot send me $1 I should be able to get me a couple of drill presses and a few knives. :)

PS
We have gotten a look at what the next Chaparral may look like so by the time I pull trig on the next knife I may need to choose with it in the list as well. I wonder when it is planned to be available. I think I'll call Spyderco. They are good about releasing new knife release timeframes. :rolleyes: They'll probably say the next Chparral will be released on Aug. 7 at 9am. I'm sure they will send me a free one also. :D :rolleyes:
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

Golden produced CF S90v models will lighten it quite a bit.A native 5 moonglow just lightened my wallet a little.A Ti fluted native 5 should lighten it more in a few months. A couple of green Para's will make it lighter hopefully sooner than later..By the end of the year may bee I won't need a wallet.