Knife vs. expandable baton

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
earthworm

Post by earthworm »

Re:Baton Carry Laws
In TN the answer is 'No'.TN issues a 'handgun carry'permit that is limited to handguns.FL for example issues a 'weapons'permit:thus a shotgun in the car is legal there while in TN it is not.
I'd check with my instructor,the D.A.'s office & a private lawyer.
tony patricio

Post by tony patricio »

Here in Manila where a security guard of some sort frisks you practically everywhere you go, carrying a knife is the better option. The main advantage of a knife like the Endura is that it is easier to conceil yet quicker to deploy (standing, seating and even prone). With the retractable baton, the deeper you conceal it, the harder it is for you to get at it. Another plus of the spyderco is that aside from defensive purposes it may be used also during emergencies and such.
Jason

Post by Jason »

In all respects defensively the baton is better than the knife. However, considering the legality and the possible use of either, the knife is better since a 3" bladed delica is legal almost everywhere while a baton is legal almost nowhere. Even if the statutes dont spell out that the baton is illegal, it probably is prohibited under the phrases: baton, sap, shortened bat, ect...

You have to make the decision for yourself, go with a weapon that may or may not be legal in your jurisdiction and deffinitely is NOT legal in other jursidictions, or go with the system you can bring anywhere. Given those considerations, I must go with the less effective system so in the case I do have to use it I win the aftermath battle.