End of Watch

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
danracer

End of Watch

Post by danracer »

So, I was watching this movie yesterday and Jake Gyllenhaal was showing the gear he used as a cop, and he says "a spyderco tactical knife" but the goes on and shows a smith and wesson knife. Not sure how many of you guys have seen this movie but yeah just found this curious. :/
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

Yea I noticed that aswell, would have been cooler if he had an actual Spyderco. Otherwise I thought it was still a really good movie.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

S&W in the case of today's knives sh*t & worthless .
girlyMANN

Post by girlyMANN »

way cooler with a spyderco police...but i guess the prop dept. just didn't have it.
BD583

Post by BD583 »

Maybe the prop dept is still waiting for the Para-Military2 that they ordered?
jnsn

Post by jnsn »

wanting to see this regardless. probably hit the redbox tomorrow.
[CENTER]HAVE: sage 1, chokwe, gayle bradley, UKPK, wooden dragonfly, grasshopper, bug, bug set, kiwi.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
AZMIKE1604

Post by AZMIKE1604 »

I did my research and this is what I found. I went through the "gear display"scene and these are the mistakes and the actual gear.

1 Glock 19 is a Glock 22. If you pause the film you can clearly see the "22"on the frame. As for the smaller ammo, who knows. But LAPD switched to the .40 Glock a few years back.

2 The knife is not a Syderco it is a Smith & Wesson First Response Assisted Opening Tactical Knife. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/481...r-handle-black

3 The 2 "Smith and Wesson"Handcuffs are actually 1 Pair of Smith and Wesson and 1 Pair "Peerless". Based on the double lock and location of the stamped text on the cuffs.

Great movie just minor discrepancies in the gear.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Don't really care about the mistakes, do wish someone had mentioned this was yet another shaky-cam "mockumetary". Knowing that would have saved me a RedBox fee.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

It looked like a spyderco knife was used when he cut the duct tape off the kids locked in the closet
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

I thought this thread was about someone in the forces passing away so i was pleasantly surprised and happy to read it was just about some crappy knife :)
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Zeabed

Post by Zeabed »

I thought it was about someone losing a watch or getting one broken. I watched the movie and it is very good imo. When I saw the name of one of the leads I initially thought it would be like Brokeback Cop Car or something, but it turned out to be a realistic (?) CA cop movie.
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

I wonder how this stuff happens. You can read "Smith and Wesson" on the blade when it's flipped open.. It's like someone in a movie cracks open a can of RC cola, waves the can in front of the camera, takes a swig and says "I do love Pepsi".
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law