How do you store your knifes?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Pelican case 1450
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Man, that's posh. Do you also keep a moisture inhibitor inside that case?

I keep mine in my pocket. It's a cold damp place but its there when I need it. I seem to be going to very dangerous places recently. With strange people, one can't be too careful.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
DigitalUrbanCamo

Post by DigitalUrbanCamo »

I keep all my spydercos at my local Gringotts bank. Vault #47
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

mattman

Post by mattman »

Nice one, Chuck...
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

mattman wrote:Nice one, Chuck...
I just need money to get them out first. :D
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I just need money to get them out first. :D
Think of it as a storage fee. :)
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

In their original boxes, in a "book slot" where you would normally store books, on my desk.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jimbro

Post by Jimbro »

Nice storage Gunslinger. How did you modify the foam insert? Is it pre-cut?
Revival

Post by Revival »

Gunslinger wrote:Pelican case 1450
Nice set up. I looked up the pelican 1450 can it showed a case of a camera? Is there a special foam insert you need to buy or you made your own?
mattman

Post by mattman »

Jimbro wrote:Nice storage Gunslinger. How did you modify the foam insert? Is it pre-cut?
Revival wrote:Nice set up. I looked up the pelican 1450 can it showed a case of a camera? Is there a special foam insert you need to buy or you made your own?

Pelican cases by default ship with "pick-n-pluck" foam inserts, but this 1450 case, and the 1600 are both popular for cameras, and can also come with a nylon padded divider that is specifically set up for cameras, so make sure you know what you are ordering... (the standard foam also works well for cameras, so you may see it advertised as such..)
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

mattman wrote:Pelican cases by default ship with "pick-n-pluck" foam inserts, but this 1450 case, and the 1600 are both popular for cameras, and can also come with a nylon padded divider that is specifically set up for cameras, so make sure you know what you are ordering... (the standard foam also works well for cameras, so you may see it advertised as such..)
^ Yup
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Night stand drawer and a converted fishing tackle box
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Spyderco carrying case (16 capacity) for the ones that I don't carry, those sit on my nightstand with the rest of my "daily gear." Although now my case is full, so I will probably invest in some other means of storing the knives I don't have on me (although chuck_roxas has a good idea with keeping his at Spyderco).
:spyder: in possession: Endura4 CE, Endura4 Trainer, Delica4 PE, Delica4 Trainer, Matriarch2, Manix2 PE Black Blade, Atlantic Salt, Tasman Salt SE, Tasman Salt PE, Pacific Salt PE Black Blade, UKPK Drop Point PE Maroon, Squeak, Bob T, Grasshopper, Kiwi Stag, Native Lightweight CE, Ambitious, Poliwog, Manbug LW, Native5, ATR Ti SE, Spydercard, Calypso Jr. SE, Caly 3.5 G10, Meerkat, Street Bowie, Swick2.

en route:

:spyder:wants: Pingo, Yojimbo2, Street Beat, Jester, Ronin, Starmate.
impulse2010

Post by impulse2010 »

Fixed it, sorry spelling is not my strong suit. I prefer math any day of the week :)
impulse2010

Post by impulse2010 »

And yeah the pelican 1170 looks great for my needs, I don't think i would ever have 20+ knives, but who knows lol.
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

I keep all but what I am carrying in a large safe.
USMC RETIRED
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PGeo00

Post by PGeo00 »

I use these lined with cork liners.

The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Tackle boxes in the original boxes for the ones not being used. The Users are in various places including my maintenance area drying after being treated overnight. The old kind of tackle boxes which don't have the plastic slide in boxes, though those have their uses as well. Loose knives, sharpening goods, tools, stuff like that.

Larger boxes, and fixed blades need larger spaces but the needs are similar. Stout, water proof, and with a handle for easy carry as some of the tackle boxes even with folders can easily top 50-60 lbs when packed in properly. Fixed blades in boxes need a suitcase. I tried an army steel box but that made the overall package way too heavy and bulky to be practical. In an emergency I wouldn't want to leave behind my Spyderco Bushcraft, My old western 49, My marbles and blackjacks in 52100 and A2, my Fehrman in 3V, as well as my Seki Cut made HSEK 9 inch, Micarta knife in M2 steel ( according to the son of the owner or manager of the company who had to research it for me. Sal had stated he remembered it as high speed, and he was right. Another knife like the Western 49 ( pre 1960 sharon steel what would later be known as carbon V, amongst other names) that took me over a decade to get. The Gerber Sportsman 2 in Vascowear took me over 20 years to get. :)

I could save the best ( or most important to me) with 1 tackle box or briefcase plus 1 suitcase. The flip side of the coin is I could loose some irreplaceable knives just as easily with the loss of two packages.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Holland

Post by Holland »

Gunslinger wrote:Pelican case 1450
nice and clean!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE