Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
BOOMER52

Post by BOOMER52 »

These are two of my most recent Manix 2 mod jobs... scales only swap using all the original hardware. With a mod job you have to make a decision as to the location of the pocket clip. It wouldn't look good to have machined pockets in multiple locations so both of these are tip up/right hand carry.

Toxic Green & Black layered G10 and Urban Camo (tan, olive drab, black) layered G10 CNC machined in the small Anso pattern.

BOOMER52

Holland

Post by Holland »

very nice boomer!
and welcome to the forums!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
v8r

Post by v8r »

Those are killer Love the Toxic version!
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

The desert version is amazing
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

I have no experience on this so if its a stupid question please bare with me on a tenacious where the ss liners follow the G10 scales .
If I had wooden scales made could vulcanised fibre liners be used with the same size torx screws ? I'm wondering if the depth although only mm may stop them screwing into the hole enough to compromise them.
I don't mean replacing the ss but having a fibre liner too if that wasn't obvious what I meant ? Noob alert .
superspyder

Post by superspyder »

Bladekeeper wrote:I have no experience on this so if its a stupid question please bare with me on a tenacious where the ss liners follow the G10 scales .
If I had wooden scales made could vulcanised fibre liners be used with the same size torx screws ? I'm wondering if the depth although only mm may stop them screwing into the hole enough to compromise them.
I don't mean replacing the ss but having a fibre liner too if that wasn't obvious what I meant ? Noob alert .
It should not be a problem, as long as the wood scales are not too thick. Just check the measurements, and if you need longer screws you should be able to find some although I don't know what thread count those screws are.
vadel

Post by vadel »

Donut wrote:I love the mods you do to militaries. Did you have to put that spacer under the clip to fit the screw?
No. Size and fit the screws - no problem. All screws what i have - very long. I cut and grind them for special needs and sizes in every custom knife.
This is my "tuning tag" with signature and unique number of my custom. Owner (i made this mods for my clients) can remove (or ask me for that) this red (or black) tag. And save tag on (with? tag+some clue+cert) certificate, together.

PS sorry about my bad english... :confused:
My :spyder:s: C85G2 (EDC), C63GPS, C63GPS2, C63GP3, C65CFP, C65BKP, C65TIP, C143GP, C90PBLE, C90CFPE, C10PGRE, C10PGRE FFG, C10SGRE, C11PGRE, C10JBB, C11JBBP, C11JBOP, C113CFPD, C28PGRE2, C149GP, C135GP, C126GPFG, C36GPBNXHP, C36CFM390P, C81GGY20CP2, C46GGY, C79OR, C142GP, C122GP, C136G, C148G, C28T, LSS3T, C150GP, C95G2
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

I just finished a Carbon fiber (red G-10 liners) Pingo. I add a thumbstud as it really helps to one hand this small knife. And I use a custom (handmade) pivot/bushing so I can use the nice pivot screws.
I did a green one that I posted a few days ago. I love the thing and it gets alot of pocket time. Even the rough clip works great.
And that is what I am asking folks here about.
I have not decided what clip (or even to use one) for this. I have the tools I need now to put the stock wire clip on, modify another Spydy clip like on the green one, make a new custom clip with the TI strip I have, or just make a kydex neck sheath (I have 11 colors).
What do you guys think?
Weather nicer today, took new pics. Any streaks on blade is oil. Thought I had it wiped, but noooo.
Be sure to refresh page if you don't see outside pics.

superspyder

Post by superspyder »

Any of those options would be great, the knife is beautiful. I think it would be awesome to see a titanium clip that follows the lines of the pingo a bit. But i have no doubt that what ever is done it will look good. Awesome job RoBoTech!
Holland

Post by Holland »

the red g10 layer looks fantastic! great work!
-Spencer

Rotation:
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

superspyder wrote:Any of those options would be great, the knife is beautiful. I think it would be awesome to see a titanium clip that follows the lines of the pingo a bit. But i have no doubt that what ever is done it will look good. Awesome job RoBoTech!
Yeah, I am eyeballing that strip and thinking what shape I could do and it not be too out there. Working on Duracoating a custom Buck Strider Tarani, right now, so will think about it some more.
Doing a red carbon fiber set with red, tactical black, and gray tiger stripe on blade and clip. Black on the liners, Red on the spool standoffs and screws. Personal knife, so trying to get it right. I have to build a clip for it, too. It will be a wedge shape to match the Buck Strider lines
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

Holland wrote:the red g10 layer looks fantastic! great work!
Thank you! Found a thin carbon fiber and layered it with red G-10. The red is translucent, so it turn almost burgundy on the black CF.
Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Here's a Tenacious I did a few weeks ago.

jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Eastwood wrote:Here's a Tenacious I did a few weeks ago.
Welcome to the forum! How did you mask off the Spyderco logo on the clip?
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

My buddy does vinyl lettering. I had him cut out a few and I applied it before the acid wash. When you remove it the logo stays.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

You all make my mods look shabby. Great work!
I need to get more layered G-10.

Also, welcome to the forum!
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome to the forums eastwood! and brilliant mod!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

RoBoTech wrote:I just finished a Carbon fiber (red G-10 liners) Pingo. I add a thumbstud as it really helps to one hand this small knife. And I use a custom (handmade) pivot/bushing so I can use the nice pivot screws.

Great looking mod.
The pivot screw is nice and I like this rough Carbon Fiber pattern.
I would like to see a few CF spyderco knives with this kind of carbon fiber. The kinds of CF used by Spyderco with different but very regular patterns (weft with straight lines) tend to be boring.
| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |

Post by 1623 »

Nothing drastic here. I like the classy appearance of the hourglass clips, so I swapped out the original Leaf Storm version with the Cricket's.

-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Here are a few regrind mods I did for Left Hand Path. Clip point Stretch, Junior Drop point with swedge and Techno with an angular Drop Point. Let me know what you think.

This little guy was a bit of work with its thick XHP blade stock.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal