Looking for a Great quality pocket knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

jon1all wrote:If it was me I'd throw an extra 10 bucks in the mix and get a Stretch. Same steel as the Delica (VG10). Same handle material (FRN). But with a 50/50 finger choil and better ergos. The Delica is no doubt Spyderco classic, as is the Endura. But I like the Stretch because it seems to fit right in between the two and has the above-mentioned benefits.
I'm with Jon here. While I've yet to own a Delica or Endura, I've played with both quite a bit and can't quite get myself to pull the trigger yet. The Stretch has many advantages over them while retaining most of the attractive qualities. I want every knife to have a choil now! That said, the Delica is a **** of a knife if you're hardline about the $60.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Go with a Delica...IMO it is pretty much the quintessential Spyderco....it's how I was originally introduced to the brand when my friend showed me his older Delica...
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Thedwarf,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
superspyder

Post by superspyder »

Which knife should you buy.... thats such a hard question because everyone has a favorite (mine is the dragonfly) . But if you love knives then your first spyderco probably wont be your last spyderco. Every suggestion given is worthy, but for an overall edc knife in that range I also agree with getting the delica, it is an average size, very high quality, is right in the $60 price range, and is a spyderco classic. and then after you experience it you can buy a lot more to find which one fits you best.
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

My advice is to buy a knife you really like. There's nothing worse than buyer's remorse when you're on a tight budget. Buying the knife everyone else thinks you should want or over thinking everything.might lead you away from what you really want. Here's an experiment. Say you narrow the choice down to two knives. Flip a coin to determine the winner. Before looking at the coin, ask yourself whether you're secretly hoping for a certain outcome. If you are, put the coin back in your pocket without looking at it and assume it came out the way you were hoping.

Gordon
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Hi and welcome to the forum The Dwarf. I wonder whether you also like axes :D

I read all the great recommendations you got. So, I can only wish you all the best on your first purchase. Look forward to hearing more from you in future about ur Spydies. Take care.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.