Best allaround-er

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

"allarounder" Would have to be the sage1, because it carries so easily and feels so good in hand and I've EDC'd it for so long.
Now a "desert island" knife would be a Para or Stretch.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

The Tuff.

I like the ergos and how it feels in my hand. It's like having a small axe in my hand but one which can be used for minor cutting tasks as well. It's a one of a kind knife.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Hmmmm. "all rounder" assuming its a folder. It would have to be one I can use for opening envelopes, cutting boxes & ropes, chop wood, self defense, fight off zombies, etc. I'd pick a Ti Military.
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

Cf/M390 Military for me.
PatCatMan

Post by PatCatMan »

Sage 1
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

It would be the Military in CPM S90V. A second would be the Spyderco Moran FB01.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

camvdcs wrote:Hmmmm. "all rounder" assuming its a folder. It would have to be one I can use for opening envelopes, cutting boxes & ropes, chop wood, self defense, fight off zombies, etc. I'd pick a Ti Military.
How good is it for fighting Zombies? Hope it's going good for you :D
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

Of the dozen or so Spydies I have, it might be the PPT.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I don't like to play the "just one" games.

I have a Para2 and I can't disagree with the multitudes that praise it. I also have a Gayle Bradley and I have an interest in a Manix 2 although I've never handled one. In my use these 3 are somewhat interchangeable. If I had to pick just one I would pick the GB because I think it is tougher. I also have a Vallotton and I have some interest in a Starmate, I don't think the Vallotton would take the place of the GB as best all around, but the Starmate could.

Someday I want to get a Military, and a Manix 2 XL. In particular I think the Manix 2 XL would be a good "desert island" knife. I don't visit desert islands very often, I would put these into my EDC rotation.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Para Military might be a good choice or a Gail Bradley even.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

See, opinions change ;)

Ken
玉鋼
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

BAL wrote:Para Military might be a good choice or a Gail Bradley even.
I just saw your last posts... LOL
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Street Beat
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
Alnamvet68

Post by Alnamvet68 »

elena86 wrote:I own folders from different brands mostly Spydies of course,but a few CRK Sebenza, Kershaw, SOG etc.So many of them...
And rotating is like a disease.I have a favourite one(Police SS, SE) , a few safe queens( Lil'Temp in 440V and small Persian in black micarta),a few prefered EDC ( Caly3 CF and Delica FFG in ZDP189), P'kal for SD and so on...
One of these days I was contemplating my collection and asking myself:what if I had to choose one.ONLY ONE.The best allarounder. :confused:
Brad Southard wich I purchased a few days ago, only complicated my decision.It was a fierce competition between this one, Para Military 2 and CRK Large Sebenza 21 with micarta inlays.
And I decided:my vote goes to Para Military 2 :spyder:
What about you guys ...
Since you have mentioned brands other then Spyderco, then I will have to say, for the money, build quality, and just plain toughness, then the Ontario R.A.T folder, I or II, for less then $30.00 is the way to go. I have a RAT II that I have used in the Amazon, have abused, have just plain didn't care about breaking (which it won't), and it somehow still finds its way back home to the good old USA every time. It's one of those knives that is inexpensive enough to not worry about, yet defies why and how is it so easy to love for such a ridiculously low entry membership.

[ATTACH]21928[/ATTACH]
Attachments
rat2.jpg
shaolinbill

Post by shaolinbill »

I think PM2 is the winner - only slightly biased.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I would have to go with the ParaMilitary2 in S90V or if it ever gets made someday in M4 that would be my choice!
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Sonik

Post by Sonik »

Manix 2 SE.
Incredibly fast and tough, would love to see a ZDP version of it!
*** Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ***

Endura 4, Manix 2, Tenacious, Delica 4, Lil Matriarch, Dragonfly 2
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Depending on size preference, either the FRN Delica or the Para 2.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

bh49 wrote:Funny that you brought it up now. After :spyder: bit me, I always carried more than one knife and hated this kind of threads. I always was thinking:"Is there any reason, why should I limit myself to one knife?" One knife to cut anything, preferably with 3.5" blade. One clean knife to cut food. One little gents knife not to scare NKP, if I need to cut around them. And of cause I need Jester on key chain. I still think that I shouldn't limit myself, but now I know that I can. I was thinking about this just couple days ago. I will take my Native5 over any other knife, which I have in my possession. I still carry several knives, but almost never use any others. Yesterday I caught myself thinking, why should I carry more than one :eek: my beloved Native5.
I didn't even need to read the whole paragraph (although I did) I just scanned it looking for the words Native5.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

For me it is the Manix2, complete stunner. Fits my hand perfectly, love the blade, I like hollow grind, the G10 is a perfect texture, love the lock. No complaints about this knife whatsoever. Dare I say it ... it has replaced the para2 as my perfect EDC.