Other uses for Sharpmaker?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
syphen

Other uses for Sharpmaker?

Post by syphen »

So... I'm out at the bar with my wife and a group of friends. I've had a few, feeling pretty good at this point. My wife wants to go out to the dance floor. Feeling pretty loose at this point, I oblige..

I'm not sure how it happened, or where it came from but while out there I was taking a sip from my beer bottle when all of the sudden an errant elbow found its way to the bottom of my bottle RIGHT when it was at my mouth. It managed to chip my 2 front lower teeth pretty good.

At the time I didn't think much of it, nor did I realize it was chipped until I got home. By the next day, the freshly chipped tooth has irritated my tongue with its new razor sharp edges to the point of what feels like a blister on my tongue. Ever thoughtful, I grabbed my medium and fine stones from the sharpmaker and went to work infront of the mirror! My wife yelled at me and maybe called me crazy.. But the dentist would be weeks of waiting and I'm more a DIY kind of guy anyways.

I'm not a dentist, nor do I recommend anyone doing what I did. Who knows, maybe the ceramic stones will create the perfect harmonic and shatter each tooth instantly in other people.. but I'll be damned! It worked. I put a nice smooth edge on my newly chipped teeth and not a single rough edge to be found now. The triangle shape is a little awkward for dental work but it really did do a nice job.

Maybe I should pull out the ultra fines and see about putting a razor edge on my teeth now? :rolleyes:
Too many Spydies to list!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Haha! Nice :D

Besides swallowing any leftover steel which prob isn't too healthy I can't see it being horrible. Compared to cutting your tongue dulling a jagged tooth seems practical. The lesser of the two evils.
juggler

Post by juggler »

Interesting. Very interesting indeed.

I like your way of seeing things, but I can't help shuddering when I think of the fingernails-on-a-chalkboard-sound of the Sharpmaker rods against your teeth. Eww...
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I seem to remember reading about dentists using the ceramic file set (400F) for shaping artificial teeth. I say go for it and be careful.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*