Wish the new kitchen knives were out for Christmas...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
phillipsted

Wish the new kitchen knives were out for Christmas...

Post by phillipsted »

I've been needing some replacement kitchen knives, and have been holding out waiting on the new Spyderco kitchen series. I guess at this point, they won't be available for Christmas.

I'll keep holding...

TedP
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Same here. I am about to move into a new apartment and would love to have some Spyderco kitchen knives with me. Guess we'll have to wait.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I need replacement only for my paring knife, but one more Gyuto will be nice.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

In reality, I'm pretty well set when it comes to Kitchen Sharps, but I must admit I was more disappointed to find the 2013 catalog doesn't list any new ones than in its total lack of new folders I find truly exciting.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

Are new kitchen knives in the works? I will be moving into a new house in April and have begun shopping for new appliances, kitchen items, etc. A block of Spyderco Kitchen knives would be tits. Please tell me this is happening.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

thurin

Post by thurin »

I was looking into getting some Forschner to augment my Cutco set (yes, I know...). But if there are some new Spyderco kitchen knives coming out, I might have to hold off a while.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

We heard from a Forum member (I can't remember who it was off the top of my head) who visited SFO in Golden. He said there was a display of kitchen cutlery that Gail asked him not to discuss. I assume this means that Spyderco is getting ready to release something in the near future!

Anyone have newer information?

TedP
thurin

Post by thurin »

Well I'll just have to take a drive out to the SFO this week then. Although I'm guessing if he was asked to not discuss, it was something seen in a non-public area.
Dankerz

Post by Dankerz »

I visited the SFO after the new year. They had the knives displayed and didn't ask me not to talk about them. I am pretty happy with my kitchen knives so I didn't really inspect them all that well. They had regular steel (vg-10?) and damascus steel. There was an 8" to 10" chef's knife (gyuto), a Santoku, a small chef's knife maybe 5"-6", and a paring knife. I liked the knives but from what I remember they didn't have much knuckle clearance due to the short blades. I believe they had some sort of plastic handle though I'm not entirely sure.
thurin

Post by thurin »

I wonder if that's a display of the old knives? I think I'll be heading to the SFO on Wednesday if the roads clear up so hopefully I'll have some more info.
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

The ones I have seen are not Spyderco branded. I can't remember the Japanese knife makers name but it was their name on the kitchen knives.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Ferris Wheels wrote:The ones I have seen are not Spyderco branded. I can't remember the Japanese knife makers name but it was their name on the kitchen knives.
Could it be Masahiro? They're the ones who made the original Kitchen Sharps.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

thurin wrote:I was looking into getting some Forschner
Forschners are pretty good for the price. I bought their chefs knife to my son. He is cooking a lot and pretty happy with it. I am touching-up may be once a month.
Dankerz wrote:They had regular steel (vg-10?) and damascus steel. There was an 8" to 10" chef's knife (gyuto), a Santoku, a small chef's knife maybe 5"-6", and a paring knife.
8-10" Gyuto and paring knife in VG10 sounds very interesting.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Deacon, I can't remember the maker's name for the life of me. I should be back at SFO in the next couple weeks as I usually make a pilgrimage at least once a month. I will up date with the brand name if someone's has not done so already.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10