Your very first Spyderco was a _____?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

ladybug2
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
Revival

Post by Revival »

Police SS
thurin

Post by thurin »

Tenacious.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Santa Fe delica with turquoise and mop but there are two one with a turquoise back and mop inlay mine was a mop back with turquoise inlay which wasn't what I ordered.
Then a tenacious which as the delica went back is my first I guess.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Freakin' HI-LARIOUS that someone brought this thread from 2008 back from the dead. :)

Mine is still the same as I answered in 2008. A Spyderco Scorpius.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
eitenbuffalo34

Post by eitenbuffalo34 »

Tenacious PE I loved it and had to get more, I moved straight to a PM2 after that and now I can never go back!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:spyder:'s: Paramilitary 2 Satin Camo, Caly 3.5 Carbon Fiber, Translucent Blue Manix, Pacific Salt SE, Tenacious, and Paramilitary 2 M390 Blue
shao.fu.tzer

Post by shao.fu.tzer »

Endura Clipit, plain-edge, zytel clip... 1994???
Nafunu

Post by Nafunu »

Delica in 1998. It was a Plain-Edge Saber grind with Black FRN handles. It had the barrel-bolt clip, which I still really like.
SCALPHUNTER

Post by SCALPHUNTER »

90's style Endura before they went to the metal clips.
Newy

Post by Newy »

A ss police plain edge, I gave it to a friend that liked knives as much as me. Silly thing to do with my first spyderco but I bet we now have another spydie fan. Newy
scatteredsage

Post by scatteredsage »

My first was a plain-vanilla Delica 4, acquired back in 2008. The addiction (and collection) has developed considerably since then.
Latest :spyder:: Stretch FRN ZDP-189
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I couldn't resist the curves 4 years ago :eek: [ATTACH]21398[/ATTACH]
Attachments
lum1.jpg
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
JD Spydo

Great Classic Thread

Post by JD Spydo »

It's really cool to go through some of these older threads from time to time. This thread in particular is one that has had my interest on a few occasions when I thumb through it.

Like I said on my earlier post on this thread there is one common denominator that I find extremely interesting and also somewhat strange. I noticed that many of you said your first Spyder was a fully serrated, Spyderedged model as was mine. But many of you don't seem to like serrated Spyders or even tend to talk down about them when I do theads on certain SE models :confused:

But I do find it interesting that such a high percentage of you guys and gals admit your first Spyder was a serrated model. I'm also finding it interesting that many of you said your first Spyders were big models like the Police and Military or even a fixed blade Spyder.

People buy for all kinds of different reasons or out of all kinds of cutlery needs. But this old thread is indeed a very interesting one and I'm sure the folks at the Great Spyder Factory could probably learn a lot from studying this thead in particular. But it does give me hope that the Spyderedge won't die anytime soon. It is also interesting that many of you made your first Spyder a Hawkbill as well.

I think we all could learn a lot reading this thread over again. Great Thread Jay Ev.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The infamous Walmart Native. I owned it for about a day before I did enough research that I convinced myself that it was a cheap version of the real thing, since it was so inexpensive and didn't have the Spydie or "Golden/Colorado/USA/Earth" on the blade so I returned it and went to Bass Pro Shop and bought the SE version of the same knife (back when they were a Spyderco retailer). Looking back, I really wish I had knew how good of a deal I got and bought a couple for future use.

Still have that Native though. Someday I'm going to send it in for a spa treatment.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JD Spydo

Spyderedge takes brutaliy well

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:The infamous Walmart Native. I owned it for about a day before I did enough research that I convinced myself that it was a cheap version of the real thing, since it was so inexpensive and didn't have the Spydie or "Golden/Colorado/USA/Earth" on the blade so I returned it and went to Bass Pro Shop and bought the SE version of the same knife (back when they were a Spyderco retailer). Looking back, I really wish I had knew how good of a deal I got and bought a couple for future use.

Still have that Native though. Someday I'm going to send it in for a spa treatment.
You should have no regrets at all Evil D :) I too have a fully serrated Native although mine is one of the older 440V versions but I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is one of the most brutal hard work, demolition type knives I've ever owned. When I was working in an automotive mod shop I put that knife through a form of **** that few people can even imagine. I actually resigned myself to the fact that the knife was going to be trashed out and destroyed. But much to my pleasant surprise that full SE, Golden Colorado USA EArth Native is still in my footlocker and is a big part of my USER arsenal and it does get used on occasion.

No SIR!! you did the right thing and you won't regret it. Only the SE Military do I hold higher in regard to being a crocidile of a work knife. They are both slam dunk winners in my book. Chalk up another one for the Spyderedged Camp :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Spyderjo

Post by Spyderjo »

PM2. The basic model.
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

Ladybug Hawkbill Salt
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey guys,
My first Spyderco was a first generation Delica se that was gifted to me by my best friend back in the '90's.
I carried that knife daily for about seven years. At the time I worked in a fiberglass manufacturing shop, making models and molds for the products we produced.
I used it to cut everything!
The tip got broken, and I reprofiled it back to a point.
This knife still has tight lockup and no blade play.
It served me well, and I still carry it on occasion.

Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

Stainless handle serrated Delica (2?)
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
b-elliott

Post by b-elliott »

Original Delica. Combo edge and FRN clip.
-------------------------------------------------------

Brent Elliott :spyder: