Caly Sprints are out?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Clip

Post by Clip »

mikerestivo wrote:Mother of Pete! I'm going to become homeless soon with my spending on knives. I'm trying to resist purchasing a full-sized Caly. Give me strength.
Yeah you and me both, especially with that fluted Military in the mail :D
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Having missed out on the last SB caly I'm definitely picking one of these up.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

On the Caly Sprint C113GGY, SFO has $164.95 as MSRP. KC has MSRP at $219.95. With 36% discount, KC is selling it for $139.95. That's pretty close to SFO price. What's up with that?

Post by 1623 »

camvdcs wrote:On the Caly Sprint C113GGY, SFO has $164.95 as MSRP. KC has MSRP at $219.95. With 36% discount, KC is selling it for $139.95. That's pretty close to SFO price. What's up with that?
I asked the same question on the previous page. It's not just KC; Grand Prairie and Blade HQ show the same list price.

Perhaps, however unlikely, Spyderco listed the wrong MSRP.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Clip wrote:Yeah you and me both, especially with that fluted Military in the mail :D
Yes Indeed. The fluted Mili was a budget-buster. That Caly is going to have to wait unless I get lucky betting on the ponies this week.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

MachSchnell wrote:Having missed out on the last SB caly I'm definitely picking one of these up.
I sort of came at it the other way - having gotten one of the Caly3.5 SBs, I want one of these to go with it. I prefer the Caly3 size... :spyder:
angusW

Post by angusW »

Thanks for the heads up Donut. I just put in an order for the Calypso at KC. I've never used one before so I think it's about time that I did.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
Uke

Post by Uke »

Wow, I wasn't expecting this until Q3. That's made my day :D I just put in my order for the SB Caly 3...no way am I passing this up after missing the 3.5 in SB!
JD Spydo

The C-54: A MUST have GEM

Post by JD Spydo »

The C-54 Calypso is one of my personal TOP 10 Spyders of all time. And even the Temperance 1 model which directly evolved from it is also on my TOP 10 list.

With a new G-10 handle it might even move up a notch or so on my list. The C-54 is such an elegant and functional design I'm really surprised that it never became a flagship model like the Police or the Endura.

I will definitely be getting 2 of these great C-54 Sprint models and as a result I'll probably be eating hot dogs, ramen soup and cold cut sandwiches for the remainder of the month :D
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
thurin

Post by thurin »

Picked this up today. My first Super Blue. Haven't done anything with it other than take the pic.

kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Oh SWEET!

Ken
玉鋼
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Mine's on the way. Good thing I ordered this weekend, as they're sold out at SFO. Also, SFO has the MSRP listed at $219 but they're selling at 165. I think they're trying to be nice.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Uke

Post by Uke »

thurin wrote:Picked this up today. My first Super Blue. Haven't done anything with it other than take the pic.

That's pure beauty right there! You're making me jealous! :p
SpydieZ

Post by SpydieZ »

SolidState wrote:Mine's on the way. Good thing I ordered this weekend, as they're sold out at SFO. Also, SFO has the MSRP listed at $219 but they're selling at 165. I think they're trying to be nice.
No they sell every knife at the SFO for 25% off MSRP
thurin

Post by thurin »

SpydieZ wrote:No they sell every knife at the SFO for 25% off MSRP
Initially the website mistakenly showed the msrp at $165 when it should have been $220. The physical SFO has it correctly at $220 with discount to $165. The website has since been corrected.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Was hoping that KW or CS had the Calypso for pre-order by now. I couldn't wait any longer, I pre-ordered with KC.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint!

:cool:
TedP
Holland

Post by Holland »

phillipsted wrote:Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint! Caly Jr. Sprint!

TedP
like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like

:D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
thurin

Post by thurin »

phillipsted wrote:Caly Jr. Sprint!

TedP
Just curious: what's the desirable feature the caly jr. gives over the caly 3? Primarily blade length?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

thurin wrote:Just curious: what's the desirable feature the caly jr. gives over the caly 3? Primarily blade length?
I would say ergos and weight. The Caly Jr. have a wider handle (spine to grip) and I really love the crowned spine on the blade. I am hoping Spyderco will bring this feature back.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*