crappy end to the year-goodbye roscoe

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
nuubee

Post by nuubee »

Rosconey,
I am so very, very sorry for your loss. My canine companion is getting up there in years, and had a 'stroke' (idiopathic vestibular event) around Thanksgiving, and thinking she was leaving, I was completely bereft. She's recovering, but it greatly saddens me even thinking about the day that will come. Will Rogers once said, "If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die, I want to go where they go." Amen to that, and know that Roscoe is playing in the sun-dappled 'fields of Elysium', patiently and happily awaiting your eventual reunion.
Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

Had to put my best friend of 14 years down a few weeks ago. I'm still crushed over it. My heart goes out for you.
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

thanx for the support -
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

You did the last, best thing you possibly could for him, even though it hurt you more than it did him. Done like a man.

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

The good ones are few and far between. I'm 61 years old and remember only three in my lifetime that were truely exceptional.. Old Rusty was a Great Dane Boxer mix, Puppy was a Border Collie and cow dog mix and Dixie a Black lab. I think you would be hard pressed to beat a lab they are just wonderful all around dogs
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

Sorry friend... thats a real hard thing to go thru. :(
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
bh49

Post by bh49 »

sorry for your loss. I always felt that it is very unfair that dogs have so short life. Dogs should live as long as a man.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Men may very well become better men for living only as long as a dog.
O.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

That's a bummer. Sorry for your loss. At least you have lots of good memories.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Sorry brother! We're very close to that as well. Early indications are bone cancer. We should know more today.
bh49 wrote:it is very unfair that dogs have so short life. Dogs should live as long as a man.
You know, I thought about that and I'm not sure I agree. Yes, it's painful when we lose our friends, but if they lived as long as we do, many more middle aged to senior dogs would need to find a new home with a new family.... I don't think that's a good thing (for them)

Ken
玉鋼