Show your Mule

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

The grain looks nice I know the annoyance of the voids they can seem to take away that perfect finish I recently had a amboyna burl scale which I thought was stabilised and that had voids too.
Great work and a lovely looking set of scales voids n all.
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

With black linen Micarta handles not yet finished. Won't be much contouring as it's only 3/16 thick stock. This is a blem, in the second picture you see the line in the blade near the CTS XHP, I think that's the grinding blemish.

C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Linen micarta is my favourite type done well in certain colours it can look very good nice job did you make the micarta yourself ? I made some denim micarta earlier this year but its not worthy of embellishing a mule .
Plus I blew up the first batch causing a great stink and mess :D
French_Bulldog

Post by French_Bulldog »

"This M4 mule has carbon fiber scales with bleu liners made by Brad Southard, who use to live close to Spyderco in Golden. The sheath is made by Werner Lüttecken – Fa. Kytac Tactical Gear"

But pictures say more than words.

Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

I love your mule with carbon handles! Thanks to share
"The things you own end up owning you."
Tyler, Fight Club

:spyder: My spyderco :spyder:

Geoffrey
French_Bulldog

Post by French_Bulldog »

Thanks Geoffrey.

I'm thinking of buying the MT16 but I'm not sure.
Holland

Post by Holland »

French_Bulldog wrote:"This M4 mule has carbon fiber scales with bleu liners made by Brad Southard, who use to live close to Spyderco in Golden. The sheath is made by Werner Lüttecken – Fa. Kytac Tactical Gear"

But pictures say more than words.
Wow! thats one of the best set ups ive seen!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Nice some parts of that cf look like basket weave great work did you do that yourself ? Good username too French bulldogs are a great breed but at the risk of causing confrontation have to state the name is misleading they were bred in England Nottingham, even the French acknowledge this any breed specific to France usually is preceded with the word chien an English breed brought to France and evolved is preceded by douge the French English word for dog this breed is known as bouledouge francais.

Edit : sorry its 5.12am not slept I see brad southard did the scales I should read the posts more thoroughly and I went well Ot on dogs ....oops
French_Bulldog

Post by French_Bulldog »

Bladekeeper wrote:Nice some parts of that cf look like basket weave great work did you do that yourself ? Good username too French bulldogs are a great breed but at the risk of causing confrontation have to state the name is misleading they were bred in England Nottingham, even the French acknowledge this any breed specific to France usually is preceded with the word chien an English breed brought to France and evolved is preceded by douge the French English word for dog this breed is known as bouledouge francais.

Edit : sorry its 5.12am not slept I see brad southard did the scales I should read the posts more thoroughly and I went well Ot on dogs ....oops
Thanks for your reply.

My forumname is based on the fact that I own a French Bulldog for almost 11 years now.

Thes were in his good days now he is very thin because of old age :(
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

He his a cracker I lost my bullmastiff in October at 10 she was a formidable guard dog and as gentle as a lamb with those who she trusted miss her everyday .
I considered a Frenchbulldog but don't have room for two and a guard dog is needed here its quite a rough area so I'm on the list for another bullmastiff when the time is right.
Beautiful dog my girl was fawn with black brindle very rare for the breed sorry for going off topic guys I'm going to get told off soon ;) .
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Wow! Brad certainly did a great job with that blue-lined CF! Nicely done - almost too pretty to use! :rolleyes:

TedP
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Tyler, Fight Club

Geoffrey
Clip

Post by Clip »

Natural G10 and blue liners? Any more pictures?
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

Clip wrote:Natural G10 and blue liners? Any more pictures?
Sorry but I have only this bad picture.

Yes, natural G10 from halpern titanium with plastic blue liners homemade.
I hesitated a long time for the liners or not and for the color.

Do you like blue?
It could be nice with red or funny color like pink.
Tyler, Fight Club

Geoffrey
Gofannon

Post by Gofannon »

I have a question, how is it possible to make the G10 brighter?
Because it seems dull, melly and I have the same problem with the black G10 of my paramilitary.
Tyler, Fight Club

Geoffrey
French_Bulldog

Post by French_Bulldog »

phillipsted wrote:Wow! Brad certainly did a great job with that blue-lined CF! Nicely done - almost too pretty to use! :rolleyes:

TedP
Thank you Ted! Don't think it will see much use I have other knive for that :D
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

This is my latest Mule project - I put some Karelian Birch scales on the new XHP Mule. I understand why so many Scandinavian knives use Birch for their scales - the material is drop-dead gorgeous, it is fantastic to work with, it is relatively light weight while being tough as nails. Great stuff. It worked very easily, responded well to shaping with files, and finished out nicely with sandpaper. It wasn't chippy or splintery - but you can probably see that there are several very voids in the dark spots. None of these voids caused any chip outs or other problems, and they sealed up nicely. I finished the birch with about 15 thin coats of Tru-Oil with a top coat of RenWax.

Cheers!
TedP

jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Dang, Ted, that is some nice Birch! I may have to order some to try out on one of my mules.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Gofannon wrote:I have a question, how is it possible to make the G10 brighter?
Because it seems dull, melly and I have the same problem with the black G10 of my paramilitary.
Rub the G10 with mineral oil. Makes G10 look brand new. Mineral oil is also non-toxic and food safe.
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

Wash it good with hot water and dish soap. Dry. Then soak it overnight with WD-40.
This works well, but for a better and longer lasting finish, wash AGAIN, and soak again for another night.
Then just use a lint free cloth to wipe it down and polish when you are done.