Best Looking Spydercos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zidfeldts

Post by zidfeldts »

I really like the original Persian and the Street Beat. I guess I am just partial to micarta.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

My tastes are always changing. I used to be put off by the straight spine of the Military/Para/Para 2 style knives, now i love it. I was drawn into Spyderco by leaf shaped blades, but i'm starting to get a little burned out on them now. I try to let ergonomics be the deciding factor in any knife that i buy, but looks do play a factor. One of my all time favorites is the Caly 3...such a beautiful profile on this knife. I may be a minority here but i'll always love the spear point on the original Natives, that knife still to this day gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when i look at it. Obviously i'm all about the Para 2, and i also like the looks of both Yojimbos and the Junior.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'm kind of fond of these...

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]

And in regular production models the C27 Jess Horn, Jigged Bone Kiwi, Jigged Bone Micro-Dyad, and Sprint Run Red G-10 Persian would be top contenders.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
flash900

Post by flash900 »

kbuzbee wrote:Hands down, for me:

I like how most of my Spydies looks, but this one wears the crown.

Honorable mention to the GB

Ken
What's the name of the one wearing the crown, please?
Spydies: Caly 3 & Jr.; Michael Walker; Dragonfly, 2 & G10; Delica 4, FFG, G10, & Wave; Endura G10 & Wave; Rookie; Ambitious, Persistence, Tenacious; Sage 1, 2, 3; CAT CF & G10; Chicago CF; Ladybug; Bradley; Manix 2, Blue & XL; Native 4, 5 & Forum; Balance; Rescue; Salt I & Pacific; D'Allara; Junior; PPT; SuperLeaf; Urban Safety Orange; Para 2; Matriarch 2 & Lil'; Techno; Southard; Tuffthumbz Sage 2 & Para 2 mods; Cuscadi Pingo; Domino; Slysz Bowie
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Deacon wrote: Image[/CENTER]
Love that knife. I'd like to see it with some nice burled desert ironwood scales.
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

flash900 wrote:What's the name of the one wearing the crown, please?
I believe that's the Phoenix. It's also discontinued.
~David
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I am going to have to go with the Caly 3. But there are many more just a shaved hair behind.
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

Vallotton looks great with the smooth G10 pattern and bolsters. The caly 3 CF is really nice as well.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
JD Spydo

The Ayoob and C-46 Lum Tanto folder

Post by JD Spydo »

For simply only from the standpoint of aesthetic appeal and from that aspect only I would have to say that my current EDC which is my G-10 handled C-60 Massad Ayoob model. I also get chills up and down my spine when I sit and adore my C-46 Bob Lum Tanto folder. I also really love the LUM fixed blade and really wish it would return in a better blade steel.

There are so many Spyders that I personally consider beautiful that I could fill up a page at least. But 2 Hawkbills that really get my heart to racing faster are the G-10 Harpy and the Spyderhawk.

In the fixed blade category I also have to put in a plug for the Temperance 2 model. As they say "Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder" >> and I love to behold my collection of Spyders :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Hmm, I think that for me the best looking are:

Michael Walker CF
Terzuola Slipit
Sage 4
Gayle Bradley
Stretch CF
Veile
Szabo

And how could I forget, The Native 4.

I think that overall I like the no hump look of the Native the best, but the way they used it in the MW and Terzuola is really great too.
On the hunt for...
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

1st = Vallotton
2nd = Gayle Bradley
3rd = CF Millitary
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
Jmotley

Post by Jmotley »

Deacon, that stretch is hands down the best looking spyderco ever made.
jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 »

To start off, I don't really see most of the Spyderco line as being all that good looking. I even think the Spyderco hole looks odd, but it works better than any other deployment method. That's the beauty of Spydercos. They are wicked sharp, and they work so well.

Of those I own, the two best looking are my Carbon Fiber Caly 3.5 and my Sage 1. My SS Harpy has a strange beauty, but my Civilian just looks evil.

Others I like are the Sage 4, Manix Blue, and Carbon Fiber Military. I'd snap up a Carbon Fiber Harpy in an instant.

I don't want anyone to think I'm anti Spyderco, I now own 11, and plan on 3-4 more. It's just that their beauty is in their fit and purpose, rather than form.
Ladybug, Delica x 2, Endura x 2, Military Black, Manix 2 XL, Civilian, Harpy, Caly 3.5 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1
gph

Post by gph »

1/ Phoenix. I don't own one but they sure look nice.

2/ Probably an odd choice but the G10 Dragonfly. The lines just do it for me, open and closed. The amazing ergos are icing on the cake.

3/ Black Pearl Micro Dyad. Pretty little thing with good capabilities for its size.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Kbuzbee what is that white almost dodo looking one never seen it before ? I initially didn't like the look but that changed when I saw a Santa Fe then I got bitten.
I personally think the green tenacious is a beautifully simple looking folder the dodo is also an object of beauty IMO fixed wise any hossom and the temperance all look good.
I think it's a natural progression that tastes change with experience once you understand why something is shaped the way it is the aesthetics can be even more appealing .
So many times I've read "I don't like the look" then once they have brought the words are eaten .

Edit: the white with the bearing lock is this the Phoenix ?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

gph wrote:
3/ Black Pearl Micro Dyad.
I like just about any variant of the Dyad. The big Dyad model C-44 simply displays the best of both Spyder-Worlds. It gives you a Spyderedged Sheepsfoot blade with a slight convex outward curve that really optimized the serrated blade>> then the other blade is an almost perfect clip point, full flat grind plain edged blade that cuts like a laser.

If FUNCTION is Beauty then the Dyad is Spyderco's "Mona Lisa">> The C-44 just has to be done in a Sprint Run in 2013>> it's just way overdue. I don't even care what steel they use as long as it's VG-10 or better. Long Live The C-44 Dyad.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
gph

Post by gph »

JD Spydo wrote:If FUNCTION is Beauty then the Dyad is Spyderco's "Mona Lisa"
:)
msierant

Post by msierant »

greetings to all,
"BEST LOOKING"? that is a hard question. some of my knives [other brands included], look great but don't perform great. since we're talking spyderco, it has to be my military's. they look great, feel great and perform great. that nice wide flat-grind cuts like a laser. so i look at it this way, "LOOK" what my military just did. best regards and happy holidays to all the forum folks.
mike
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I love the Phoenix and also the Lum Tanto (sorry the Emerson is in the photo, I didn't have one of the Lum on its own)
racer88

Post by racer88 »

It's tough picking the "best looking." I'd have to name a few in my collection. In no particular order:

Valloton:

Kopa Abalone / Pearl (ooh baby!)

Caly 3 CF / Damascus (the only Spydie I've bought two of):

Sage 4

Navaja! (I just think the Navaja should always be followed with an exclamation point!) :-)

Gayle Bradley