The Little Big Knife You EDC???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
amar

Techno, and Ladybug Salt

Post by amar »

The Techno in my pocket, and Ladybug Salt in backpack. I actually find the Techno to have substantial value as compared to its cost - the fit and finish, the steel, the grip, everything is excellent on this LBK.

tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Thanks for the reply, Gary. If you couldn't tell, I'm sniffing around this one, but wary of a nonlocking knife.... even though I realize entire generations used slip joints for lack of an alternative. :D

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
Gary W Graley

Post by Gary W Graley »

That's true, one knife maker, Ott I think, wouldn't make a locking folder, said if people didn't know how to use a knife, they shouldn't own one ;)

But the pressure require to close is not super strong, but the blade being small helps I think to make it work as a slip joint with little worry of it closing on you, it's hard when you can hold it, but in the video I think you can hear the strong snap the detent provides.
G2
"The Road to **** is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

Psalm 1
raven

Post by raven »

I guess the definition of "Little Big Knife" is actually a matter of opinion/preference... at least for me ;) . The Techno is a smaller folder that I EDC compared to the others I EDC. As an LEO I EDC'd models that have an OAL of 7" to 8.5". So, for me the Techno is an LBK as well as the SS Dragonfly and Lava that I also carried for some time... Oh, and the Salsa ;) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Man, i really really really really wish the Pingo had a compression lock. That would be soooo awesome. I'd probably buy 3 of them.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
raven

Post by raven »

A Pingo with a compression lock... Now That Would Be Awesome :cool: :cool: :) !!!

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Tyv&

Post by Tyv& »

This thread spurred me to use my ladybug a bit more.
Mondays are the days when my work gets its shipment in, it usually falls to me to open boxes then break them down.
Normally I EDC my manix 2 or tenacious, today I used the ladybug and it preformed great (but I bet most of you would have guessed as much).
It took on lots of cardboard and shrugged it off. The only thing is I can't seem to get it as sharp as I would like, but I know it will take more practice so I need to use it more so I have more chances to do so.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Gary W Graley wrote:one knife maker, Ott I think, wouldn't make a locking folder, said if people didn't know how to use a knife, they shouldn't own one
I agree....very much.
On the hunt for...
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Dragonfly Salt SE.
springnr

Post by springnr »

Meerkat, the grip ergo is great, and the blade while short enough to be Japan legal, is long enough for most uses.
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

I have the Jester attached to my key ring. Thing is, I usually forget it's even there! Does this happen to anyone else?

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
MsbS

Post by MsbS »

Pockets wrote:Dragonfly Salt SE.
This, or my blue Ambitious. I am even considering getting rid of the pocket clip on Ambitious, as it fits just great in the fifth pocket on my jeans.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Bradley Air! A truly small, light and extremely functional slicer.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

tr4022 wrote: Thing is, I usually forget it's even there! Does this happen to anyone else?
Pretty much always. But it's there if I need it. Always have something in my pocket so that's what I use, not the Jester on my keyring. As much as I like it, it generally goes unnoticed.

Ken
玉鋼
Donut

Post by Donut »

My LBK today is the Chap 2. Possibly it isn't a LBK, but it seems pretty small to me.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
setldown

Post by setldown »

My carbon fiber Chicago has found a permanent place in my watch pocket. LB se has been on my keychain forever. I've been wanting to pickup a carbon fiber Balance as another big small knife.
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Now that its summer, I find that I prefer a small and light home EDC to carry with light summer clothes, so I regularly carry a Dragonfly G10, or Dragonfly H1 SE.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

amar wrote:
I carry this knife a lot...a huge amount. But looking at this pic (and it is a nice pic) I just really realize how ugly and cheap looking the wire clip looks on this knife. Seriously butt ugly.
On the hunt for...
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Not really a fan of the wire clip here either. I'd actually prefer a no clip option.
arty

Post by arty »

Usually the CF Chaparral is in my pocket. I may wind up with the Michael Walker in the pocket at least 1 day each wheel.
When I can, I remove the clip!