JD's TOP 10>> What's Your's

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Well, here it comes:

1. SS Cricket/SE
2. Delica/SE 1st Gen(either Gin1 or AUS8)
3. SS Dragonfly/SE
4. G10 Military/SE
5. FRN Calypso/SE
6. G10 Rookie/SE
7. Endura/SE 1st Gen
8. Ladybug/SE
9. G10 Harpy/SE
10. Jigged Bone Kiwi(the original one) big thanx again Paul:cool
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

spydutch wrote:Well, here it comes:

1. SS Cricket/SE
2. Delica/SE 1st Gen(either Gin1 or AUS8)
3. SS Dragonfly/SE
4. G10 Military/SE
5. FRN Calypso/SE
6. G10 Rookie/SE
7. Endura/SE 1st Gen
8. Ladybug/SE
9. G10 Harpy/SE
10. Jigged Bone Kiwi(the original one) big thanx again Paul:cool
And yup Joe, all ancient models as well. :D :D
From the great era in which Spyderco made full SpyderEdged versions of most models. Even the new ones ;)

Those were the days..... :p
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
JLS

Post by JLS »

I won't individualize by steel in different models since I may buy a specific knife to try a steel, but for me to really like it, it has to work well all around.

In no particular order, here are the models that are constantly used.

Military
Mule
Cricket
Calypso Jr.
Kiwi SS (backlock, not slipit)
Moran
Temperance
Swick 2
Santoku
Police 3

There are others that I really like, but just don't use much. The Lil' Temp, Khalsa, Rock Salt, Harpy, Rescue, Para 2, Junior and Assist are all great knives that I use frequently, but my list of 10 above are the "go-to" knives that are most frequently used.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
PSU

Post by PSU »

Military
Para 2
Caly 3.5
Yojimbo 2
Tasman Salt
Dodo
Stretch II CF
Lil Temp
P'kal
Atlantic Salt
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

spydutch wrote:And yup Joe, all ancient models as well. :D :D
From the great era in which Spyderco made full SpyderEdged versions of most models. Even the new ones ;)

Those were the days..... :p
And Spydutch my friend you are not at all alone when it comes to wanting certain models in SE>> Truly Brother I've been going to battle for that cause for quite some time. There are 3 models that I truly believe it is an outright SIN that they aren't available in SE Spyderedge>> First and foremost the C-111 Captain should have been available in Spyderedge, Second the Superhawk should have had a full SE version, Third but this by no means would end my list is the newer G-10 version of the Massad Ayoob in which the original almite version was available in Spyderedge but the newer G-10 version wasn't and I think it's terrible that at least those 3 were not blessed with crocidile teeth like most of our favs are.

I've also said that at least one of the recurve model should have had a Spyderedged version and I also think it's an injustice that none of these newer Dodo Sprint versions were not made available in SE. But we won't quit lobbying for them now will we Spydutch!!!

LONG LIVE THE SPYDEREDGE!!!
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
JD Spydo

Cooler than average List BROTHER!!

Post by JD Spydo »

JLS wrote:I won't individualize by steel in different models since I may buy a specific knife to try a steel, but for me to really like it, it has to work well all around.

In no particular order, here are the models that are constantly used.

Military
Mule
Cricket
Calypso Jr.
Kiwi SS (backlock, not slipit)
Moran
Temperance
Swick 2
Santoku
Police 3

There are others that I really like, but just don't use much. The Lil' Temp, Khalsa, Rock Salt, Harpy, Rescue, Para 2, Junior and Assist are all great knives that I use frequently, but my list of 10 above are the "go-to" knives that are most frequently used.
That's a very cool list Brother :) A lot of fixed blades in your line up as well. Older fixed blades kind of like Doc Snubnose did but that is just outright cool. Most people will never know just how handy that first Temperance model was/is.. If they would do an H-1 Salt version of the FB-05 Temp 1 I think they would be shocked at the sales they would make.

And that is so warming to my soul to see the Military, Harpy and Lil Temperance keep showing up. YES!! indeed it's time for another run of the G-10 Harpy>> I dont' think anyone would disagree much with that one.

And the Jot Singh Khalsa!! hadn't heard that one mentioned in a while. It was one of the most intriguing but interesting Spyders ever. It was designs like Khalsa's that really put distance between Spyderco and their competitors IMO. Again they did models that most knife companies wouldn't touch with a HAZ-MAT suit on :D But that's what I really like about them ;) And if they keep that trend up they won't even have any company that would even be a close second to the Great Spyder Factory
timberweasel

Post by timberweasel »

Couldn't possibly rank 'em, but here's my list:

-Delica 4 (personal benchmark of what an EDC folder should be)
-Centofante 3
-Sage 1
-Para-Military 2
-Kiwi 3 SS (the most interesting modern slip-joint design to date, imo)
-Terzuola SLIPIT
-Rock Lobster (Hoorah, Master Chef! Food prep master!)
-DiAlex Junior
-R Nishijin
-Dragonfly 2

I'd recommend any and all without hesitation! Thanks Spyderco!
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

JD Spydo wrote:It is interesting the feedback so far but then again it is somewhat disappointing>> because I see no Spyderco fixed bades as being anyone's favorites so far :confused:
CPM M4 Mule and SB Mule make my top ten. Several spots go to the Centofante 4 ;) , one to the Centofante 3, oh, and one to the original Swick, that's fixed.

Gordon
Holland

Post by Holland »

1. CTS 20CP Para2
2. S90v Para2
3. CTS XHP Para2
4. Caly 3.5 SB
5. Caly 3 ZDP
6. Dragonfly2 ZDP
7. Military
8. Delica 4
9. Caly 3.5 VG10
10. Para1 Serrated edge
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

My list is more a combination of Spydies I have currently...as well ad those I'd like to get one day.

Tasman Salt
Saver Salt
Ladybug Hawkbill Salt
CF Balance
Meerkat
Squeak
Smallfly

....and for those I'd like to have...

Yojimbo 2
Chaparral Titan Stealth
Native 5 Lightweight w/s110v (hopefully)
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
BAL

Post by BAL »

Yojimbo 2
Military
Para 2
Massad Ayoob
Gail Bradley
JD Spydo

Massad Ayoob: Has many more fans than you think

Post by JD Spydo »

BAL wrote:Yojimbo 2
Military
Para 2
Mass Ayoob
Gail Bradley
Glad you could chime in BAL>> I do remember you being a fan of the C-60 Massad Ayoob. That model has way more fans that most people realize. And again the Military model keeps coming up over and over again. Between it and the Police model it's truly a toss-up as to which one is the best flagship model. I hope both of them will be around for some time to come.

And also folks if all you own is 4 to 6 models you can list them only if you want. You can also list certain models if you've had them at one time.
BAL

Post by BAL »

JD Spydo wrote:Glad you could chime in BAL>> I do remember you being a fan of the C-60 Massad Ayoob. That model has way more fans that most people realize. And again the Military model keeps coming up over and over again. Between it and the Police model it's truly a toss-up as to which one is the best flagship model. I hope both of them will be around for some time to come.

And also folks if all you own is 4 to 6 models you can list them only if you want. You can also list certain models if you've had them at one time.
Yea, I have more thean the 5 than I listed. These just seem to stick out. I have a full spyderedg
Spyderhawk that I am awful proud of and a Jandura that Mr. J personally modified and signed.

I do love the Massad Ayoob, it seems to be an under-appreciated knife, or maybe not that many
have it. Since it is a sprint, I haven't seen it for sale anywhere, except the CS just showed that
they found one somewhere. It is priced high, much morethan I paid a couple years back, but it is
solid as a rock.
JD Spydo

Spyderhawk got more votes as did the USA Spyders

Post by JD Spydo »

BAL wrote:Yea, I have more thean the 5 than I listed. These just seem to stick out. I have a full spyderedg
Spyderhawk that I am awful proud of and a Jandura that Mr. J personally modified and signed.

I do love the Massad Ayoob, it seems to be an under-appreciated knife, or maybe not that many
have it. Since it is a sprint, I haven't seen it for sale anywhere, except the CS just showed that
they found one somewhere. It is priced high, much morethan I paid a couple years back, but it is
solid as a rock.
That's interesting you would give the Spyderhawk honorable mention because to tell you the truth I find it extremely interesting that the Spyderhawk got more votes than the Harpy did :confused:

I do believe that when Brother Clovisc suggested to the General (Sal) :D that an H-1 Spyderhawk would boost sales of that model it truly gave a lot of people a second chance just to see how great and useful the Spyderhawk really is.

I just don't think enough people got to try out the Ayoob first hand because if they would have they would have I'm sure it would have made that knfe another one of Spyderco's flagship models. It just has the look of a Flagship Spyder if you ask me.

They mentioned the Military model so many times I hope it prompts Spyderco to bring it back in Spyderedge again. Because the popularity is there for sure.

Also there seems to be a lot more Golden Colorado USA Spyders this go around too. It's been a great Top 10 thread and I thank you all for the great input. But don't stop now :D