Video Games?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

I play varieties of games on different consoles (N64, Wii, PS2, Xbox 360, pc). I just recently bought Just Cause 2 on Steam and have been playing that for about 2 weeks now. Sandbox games and games with extremely large open worlds, where basically, if you see it on the horizon, you can walk there, are very fun to me (Incredible Hulk, Prototype, Crysis, Crackdown, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption). I mean, how can't you have fun tethering an enemy's car to the road during a car chase, or punching a Korean soldier through a corrugated steel hut? I'm also a fan of Borderlands, and am awaiting a copy of Borderlands 2 (that I got at the gearbox panel at PAX Prime 2011 :cool: ).
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i just bought my lil guy ford vs chevy for xbox. i have the steering wheel and pedals....i was up till 1 last nite playing it..lol
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Imli

Post by Imli »

Blerv wrote:I'm with you on this. Old School console games are great. I miss the good old "D-Pad". The mini Joy Stick and I are not friends. :mad:
I also agree with you because i had never forgot the school memories and also game which i played those days...we were played through the ball one to another which was create great fun to all of the dudes.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I found some awesome Star Wars mods for Oblivion so I'm back playing that again.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ChaoticLuck

Post by ChaoticLuck »

Spent the better part of the night playing Borderlands 2, great game so far.
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

Borderlands2 came out yesterday. Great fun. :)
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Want that game so bad!
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

I'm still waiting for my copy of Borderlands 2 to ship to my house... wtf I don't know if the shipping carrier or 2k is to blame, since it is a "free copy" that I redeemed by attending the panel, and it went through them rather than a normal paid transaction.
thog94

Post by thog94 »

Took the day off of work so I could spend all day playing. Well worth the wait and I love the little tweaks that they put in. Need to start a new character so I can play co-op with my son. I think he was getting mad watching me play all afternoon and not getting a chance to touch the controller.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

I am unshamedly a gamer grew up in the first console generation I have a ps3 ,Xbox super elite and the kids have theirs.
In regards to hard drives being more powerful than software the ps3 has yet to use more than 1/3rd of its power so it should be interesting when it does .
Recent games that are worth the time gears of war 3 Xbox , skyrim either console and am looking forward to resident evil 6 looks great via the demo.bk
conny

Post by conny »

I like RPG too and I play Assassin's Creed and Diablo 3 for most time!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

The only video games I play these days are "Sega GT" for Dreamcast, "Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights" for Gamecube, and "Excitebike" for NES. Playing with my 4 year old on systems I used to play years ago.
:bug-red-white
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

I game when time permits. used to do it quite often pre college years. I like shooters, RPGs, Etc. Splinter-Cell is easily my favorite game series. Probably put Max Payne behind that, and Mass Effect behind that.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

gbelleh wrote:The only video games I play these days are "Sega GT" for Dreamcast, "Scooby Doo: Night of 100 Frights" for Gamecube, and "Excitebike" for NES. Playing with my 4 year old on systems I used to play years ago.
That's pretty sweet. My 4 year old is fair at Mario Kart, but I have not exposed him to "perfect dark" on 64 and "Soul Reaver" on PS. They were two of my favs. The only thing I play lately is some "SSX3" to relax on occasion. One of these days I will have to buy a new system, but for now I still own working versions of:

Nintendo
Gameboy
Super Nintendo
N64
PS One
PS2
xbox
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
dialex

A blast from the past - SUPAPLEX!

Post by dialex »

Speaking of... I just found a lost treasure: the SUPAPLEX game which literally engulfed hours after hours of my time (not necessarily free) more than 20 years ago...

Here's the link where you can play it online: http://www.games.fm/supaplex-remake.html
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

dialex wrote:Speaking of... I just found a lost treasure: the SUPAPLEX game which literally engulfed hours after hours of my time (not necessarily free) more than 20 years ago...

Here's the link where you can play it online: http://www.games.fm/supaplex-remake.html
Thanks Alex, 3 hours of my life I will not get back. Love these mind type games.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

Evil D wrote:I think Blizzard is just sucking people dry with these subscriptions. It should be like Diablo 2 was back in the day. If Diablo 3 comes out and it isn't free online play i'm going to boycott Blizzard. Star Craft and D2 were my first PC games and they got me hooked from the start. I still haven't played Star Craft 2 yet.
Starcraft2 isnt a pay to play, and it is an awesome game. I think they did a really good job with it, and continue to. I played the original starcraft, and still have it but the SC2 gameplay is excellent. That is the only game I have played from blizzard though.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Are anybody playing Diablo3? Any good?
I was big fan of original game. I played D2 as well, but never liked it as much as original.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bh49 wrote:Are anybody playing Diablo3? Any good?
I was big fan of original game. I played D2 as well, but never liked it as much as original.
Played the crap out of it until the Auction House got to be like eBay and it got to the point you could only be competitive if you spent real money to buy gear. The good news is Blizzard sees the problem and in March they're shutting down the Auction House so it should get back to the good old days. I did get bored with the story line after about a dozen play throughs.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Evil D wrote:Played the crap out of it until the Auction House got to be like eBay and it got to the point you could only be competitive if you spent real money to buy gear. The good news is Blizzard sees the problem and in March they're shutting down the Auction House so it should get back to the good old days. I did get bored with the story line after about a dozen play throughs.
The auction house was one of the worst ideas blizzard has ever had. It served to completely negate the whole point of the Diablo series, which is killing enemies for loot. Instead it was more about either farming gold or spending cash to get the gear you wanted, which is no better than a cell phone game. It also felt like there was entirely not enough content for the amount of time the game was in development. After a few playthroughs, it was already getting stale and there were zero options for exploration.

It was very disappointing since I have high expectations from Blizzard as a company and the game didn't have the same polish on it that I've come to expect from them. Hopefully the expansion rights the ship, but I just don't know if I'm interested enough to get back into it.
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester