My Para 2 Arrived

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DRKBC

My Para 2 Arrived

Post by DRKBC »

Well this is my first Para 2 and it arrived yesterday. I was working out of town so it was on my desk this morning when I got to work.

My wife was in the office so I had to be fairly nonchalant about the whole thing (opening knives in the bathroom is highly underrated).

As I mentioned this is my first Para2 (para anything for that matter) and as you would expect I am really impressed. The first thing that struck me was the weight, it is such a light knife. Next the ergos which are prefect for my had and of course the great QC from Spyderco.

I thought the tip up carry would bug me it doesn't, I thought the clip being where it is would bug me, it didn't.

I also lost my Fenix Tk at a job lat month so today I got both, it was a good day in that regard.

Sorry about the not so perfect picture just thought I would get something up.

Dwayne

Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Congrats! The PM2 is a legend, one of my favourites. The TK is not too shabby either! :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
vinito

Post by vinito »

If you thought you weren't going to like tip up, why not move the clip? :S
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

The Para and Fenix are a cool duo to EDC. Congratz.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Thanks Guys very impressed with both.
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Nice, exactly like mine. It really is an amazing knife. Perfect size, not too big not too small, great blade shape, great steel, great ergos, sharp as ****. Enjoy!
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Drkknight614 wrote:Nice, exactly like mine. It really is an amazing knife. Perfect size, not too big not too small, great blade shape, great steel, great ergos, sharp as ****. Enjoy!
Agree completely, I guess shouldn't be surprised after all the positive reviews, loving the all black!
dman62

Post by dman62 »

It's got it all in my book as well. A low ride pocket clip from STR is on my list to perfect it for me. Enjoy your new knife!
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I put off purchasing this knife for a long time but now that I own it I have to say that I am more impressed than I thought I would be. There is something special about this knife and it seems to me to be a combination of things. It's light, Spyderco has nailed the ergonomics, the G10 is just about the perfect grit it opens well, locks up great and more than that I think the knife exceeds the sum of its parts.

I appreciate all my knives for different reasons but if it is a legal carry length in your area (which it is where in mine) I would encourage you to buy it, for me it is pretty close to the perfect EDC.
Shakyamuni

Post by Shakyamuni »

dman62 wrote:It's got it all in my book as well. A low ride pocket clip from STR is on my list to perfect it for me. Enjoy your new knife!
STR deep carry clip on a Para 2 is perfection.
jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 »

STR stands for what?
Ladybug, Delica x 2, Endura x 2, Military Black, Manix 2 XL, Civilian, Harpy, Caly 3.5 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

jnichols2 wrote:STR stands for what?
Steve T? Rice, a guy on BladeForums with the logon id STR who makes clips, titanium prybars, etc. Has a pretty good reputation.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Ruudr

Post by Ruudr »

Congratz man! I own both. Great knife, great light! Maybe a long term review is coming?