Which spydied for me next?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ncvarmint

Which spydied for me next?

Post by ncvarmint »

Hello all, i have sold several para2's lately to fund some different spyderco's. I have
2 paramilitary 2's (black/black, and camo/satin)
black military
and a gayle bradley.
I am looking to buy a couple knives for Under $200, so i am looking at the trans blue manix2, delica's and endura's. I know for sure i am going to buy a sage 1, that will leave me with around $90 to spend.
what do you think i should get ?
thanks
trevor
bh49

Post by bh49 »

You should get Native5 or Caly3.5, but better both. You will thank me later.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

great choice on the sage 1, i was going to def recommend that one.

With 90 bucks, i would look at the Stretch, All black Manix2, Dfly 2, and the ones you listed. Any of these would be a good addition to your line up.
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

thanks guys, i had a manix 2 and loved the feel, but hated the blade, i want a ffg blade, reason i mentioned the trans blue manix2. Will check those you mentioned
thanks
trevor
Chipped Karambit

Post by Chipped Karambit »

Try a Yojimbo, it is addictive and amazing, or try for a Bob Lum tanto, or save towards a southard or starmate
Shakyamuni

Post by Shakyamuni »

Caly 3 or Caly 3.5
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Hard to beat a Sage and Stretch.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

You seem to have the mid-larger sizes covered. Have you considered a smaller knife? Chaparral maybe? It is Sage1's little brother and a great EDC knife. Or even a Man or Lady bug. I like the Manbug and there are 3 to choose from. Dragonflys are a favorite but I've never had one. There is also a few choices with them. A Dfly has been on my wish list for at least 3 years but I have always bought something else. Other than smaller knives I don't have anything to add to what has already been mentioned. You could probably get two smaller ones if you wanted to. How about a Manbug (ZDP) and a Dfly (ZDP)? When I do get a Dfly it will have a ZDP-189 blade more than likely.

Jack
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

I am not really a fan of small knives. The smallest i can handle is a delica. Thanks for the info. Maybe when i get some more medium sized knives i may try a small one
trevor
ncvarmint

Post by ncvarmint »

Okay,
I have narrowed it down, i know i am getting the sage1, so my other choices are
G10 manix2
trans blue manix2
stretch.
which one from this list
trevor
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Everyone should have a Delica (or two). Everyone.

Look for a G10 Delica if you want to get crazy.
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

Another vote for the stretch!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

ncvarmint wrote:Hello all, i have sold several para2's lately to fund some different spyderco's. I have
2 paramilitary 2's (black/black, and camo/satin)
black military
and a gayle bradley.
I am looking to buy a couple knives for Under $200, so i am looking at the trans blue manix2, delica's and endura's. I know for sure i am going to buy a sage 1, that will leave me with around $90 to spend.
what do you think i should get ?
thanks
trevor
One word, Trevor: TECHNO. I know it wasn't on your list, but anyone looking for an awesome folder will certainly appreciate this knife!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal