When Sal posts in the forums...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MisterJeff

When Sal posts in the forums...

Post by MisterJeff »

I mostly just lurk around here, but every time I see Sal personally post in here in response to a question someone's had with their Spyderco, it reminds me that we're more than just dollar signs in the eyes of a big company. That's something that really blows me away. I think great customer service means about as much as great products, and with Spyderco, we've got both!

Anyway, if you happen to come across this thread, Sal, thanks for taking time out of your day to focus on your consumers. It means a lot! :spyder:
Sage 1 Manix2 XL, Endura4, Pacific Salt, Tenacious, Dragonfly2 Salt, Ladybug
sal

Post by sal »

Hi MisterJeff,

Thanx much for the kind words.

We're not a very large company, at least when compared to our competition, but we do try hard. We run our company in a way that we feel is the proper way to run a company based on our own values. Part of that is communicating with our ELU (End Line Users).

sal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entire "business chain" from; raw materials, invention, design, manufacturing, marketing, selling, distributing, shipping, warrantees, insurance, credit, etc. ALL EXISTS to service the ELU (End Line User). Remove the ELU from the equation and the entire business chain falls like a house of cards. We all work for you!
Mystro

Post by Mystro »

And that is why I buy Spyderco.....
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Me too!
Uke

Post by Uke »

Me three...plus the knives are pretty darn awesome too! ;)
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

+1, couldn't agree more
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Wow awesome sal
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Great company and crew!

- best wishes, Jazz.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

This is why we are all here! There is no company that I have greater loyalty to! And it's not just Sal, it's the entire crew at Spyderco - but he sets the tone!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't remember getting the welcome from Sal, but then to be totally honest i didn't know who Sal was at the time so i may have and just didn't think twice about it. Either way, Sal and company are a great bunch of folks who either really care about their customs, or realize that being an active part of the community is a good business strategy and helps to build loyal repeat customers...probably both.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

That's mainly the reason I got myself a second Resliience as I was so impressed with the first one.

The other reason is those intangible values comes out to be tangible in the finished product (at least from the two samples I have)! The thinking always about end users and put it into the company culture is very rare in any industry. Thanks for keeping this alive!
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

Mystro wrote:And that is why I buy Spyderco.....
+1
Wanted: Superhawk - Found!
JLS

Post by JLS »

Mystro wrote:And that is why I buy Spyderco.....
I buy Spyderco's because they make great knives at good prices.

However, I buy little else from their competition because of who they are and how they conduct their business. Great knives from great people are easier to spend money on compared to great knives from IP or design thieves. I especially like how they go out of their way to recognize advancements or innovations from others. I've never seen Spyderco sell a "frame lock"; it's always a R.I.L. That says something.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

I never cease to be amazed with Spyderco's customer service and ability to satisfy its customers. It's a refreshing experience in this day and age.
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

I echo all the above comments. It's like ELUs on this Forum are treated almost like company shareholders with voting options. Our voices are always heard and listened to, and our opinions and requests are factored into final business decisions. Spyderco is truly one of the best companies anywhere of any kind, knife-related or otherwise.
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

This is why I support Spyderco as much as I can!

Here is my mostly Spyderco knife collection. My favorite is the Sage 1 and the Spyderco G10 UKPK (not in photo). Although the Sage 1 is my favorite, I think that the Stretch is Spyderco's best knife.

Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

I think it's great that Sal communicates with us here. Like I said before : It's like talking about lightsabers and all of a sudden Yoda joins the conversation. Awesome indeed.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Wolverine666 wrote:I think it's great that Sal communicates with us here. Like I said before : It's like talking about lightsabers and all of a sudden Yoda joins the conversation. Awesome indeed.
+1.

The personal feedback, quality products, and genuineness of concern for the customers are the primary reasons why I continue to support Spyderco to this day. I've been collecting Spyderco knives/products for nearly twelve years now--and I fully intend to continue to do so. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

When Sal posts on the forums...... everybody listens!

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

Keeping a small company mindset while growing.

Spyderco has done this very well.
Awesome owner and awesome company!
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...