Does Spyderco offer a sharpening service?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OBJ Viking

Does Spyderco offer a sharpening service?

Post by OBJ Viking »

Does Spyderco offer a sharpening service, where you send in a Spyderco knife and they will touch up the blade including the serrated edge for a slight charge? I don't know much about sharpening a fully serrated knife or the serrated portion of a combo edge. Thanks.
I am one of the 0.45%.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

They will sharpen your knife for free. Ship them your knife with a check for 5 bucks for return postage
JD Spydo

Learn to do your own:: you can do it

Post by JD Spydo »

Yes they do and they also do a really professional job too. But hey you're missing the point :) The most important aspect of knife ownership is attaining and mastering the skill to sharpen your own blades. And no one has a better line up of sharpening equipment than Spyderco.

Now there is one book I highly recommend if you want to accept the challenge of learning the skill of sharpening. The best beginner book I know of is "The Razor Edge Book Of Sharpening" by John Juranitch.

Also the "Complete Book Of Sharpening" by Leonard Lee is also a great source of valuable information.

And don't let serrations intimidate you>> Because Spyderco has some great tools that are quite capable of doing a great job on your Spyderedged blades. It should be a requirement that everyone who owns a Spyderco knife should have to have a Spyderco 204 Sharpmaker. The guide and video that comes with the Spyderco Sharpmaker also have valuable information to help you get going.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

Thanks - I will eventually buy a Sharp-Maker, but right now, I will send in my knife with a check and let the professionals do it for me. Thanks for both replies though. :)

I have been able to put a very sharp edge on a PE blade with a stone since I was a kid (kind of required when you grow up carrying a buck knife and hunt and fish) but I have never messed with sharpening serrated edges. I have a sharpening system I bought in the 90s and numerous other sharpeners and stones, but I need the Sharp-Maker to use on all of my knives with serrated edges, so maybe I will buy one in the next few weeks.

Who has the best price on one?
I am one of the 0.45%.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

OBJ Viking wrote:Thanks - I will eventually buy a Sharp-Maker, but right now, I will send in my knife with a check and let the professionals do it for me. Thanks for both replies though. :)

I have been able to put a very sharp edge on a PE blade with a stone since I was a kid (kind of required when you grow up carrying a buck knife and hunt and fish) but I have never messed with sharpening serrated edges. I have a sharpening system I bought in the 90s and numerous other sharpeners and stones, but I need the Sharp-Maker to use on all of my knives with serrated edges, so maybe I will buy one in the next few weeks.

Who has the best price on one?
The 2 best dealers I've found on Spyderco sharpening equipment are New Graham and One Stop Knife Shop. They always have what I'm looking for most of the time. Now also check with Spyderco themselves at SFO ( Spyderco Factory Outlet store). I've snagged some pretty good deals through them on several occasions.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

JD Spydo wrote:The 2 best dealers I've found on Spyderco sharpening equipment are New Graham and One Stop Knife Shop. They always have what I'm looking for most of the time. Now also check with Spyderco themselves at SFO ( Spyderco Factory Outlet store). I've snagged some pretty good deals through them on several occasions.
I am one of the 0.45%.