Does Spyderco make....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

Spidey wrote:I have a friend who owns the serrated Police model that was made in ATS-55 back then; I guess it's a collectible now :)

Anyway, wouldn't the Civilian fit the description??
The police is STILL offered in spyder edge, and is one of the few that is. So no, not a collectable. A civillian is a purpose built defensive tool, I believe the OP wanted something also good at EDC tasks as well> Which actually, Id suggest a SE Police 3!
Donut

Post by Donut »

*edited* has them in stock.

Oops, no they don't! Sorry about that.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

I found one on ebay NIB for much less than Country Knives' asking price. :D
I am one of the 0.45%.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

OBJ,

Good on ya, mate. :) Now all you need to do is post a few pics of it when it comes in. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

SpyderNut wrote:OBJ,

Good on ya, mate. :) Now all you need to do is post a few pics of it when it comes in. ;)
I will try. I'll have to use the laptop as I am having problems posting pics (even from photo bucket) with this tablet. :)
I am one of the 0.45%.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Maybe too late but try http://www.SRknives.com. It is our primary bricks and mortar store in toronto.

They have it listed on their site but not sure if they actually have it in stock.

I am not affiliated in any way with them, have just purchased knives there in the past (physical location and online). I find the CE millie to work very well as a utility knife, SD carry is not permitted here in Canada
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

OBJ Viking wrote:I will try. I'll have to use the laptop as I am having problems posting pics (even from photo bucket) with this tablet. :)
The trick to posting pics from photo bucket is to use the "Insert Image" button, select the tab that says "From URL" and after pasting in the URL, deselect the check box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Otherwise the image has to be small, I think under 100k, in order for it to be copied to the forum and hosted here.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

akaAK wrote:Maybe too late but try http://www.SRknives.com. It is our primary bricks and mortar store in toronto.

They have it listed on their site but not sure if they actually have it in stock.

I am not affiliated in any way with them, have just purchased knives there in the past (physical location and online). I find the CE millie to work very well as a utility knife, SD carry is not permitted here in Canada
I didn't see it, can you post the link directly to the knife? I found several different military models, but not this one?
I am one of the 0.45%.
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

rodloos wrote:The trick to posting pics from photo bucket is to use the "Insert Image" button, select the tab that says "From URL" and after pasting in the URL, deselect the check box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". Otherwise the image has to be small, I think under 100k, in order for it to be copied to the forum and hosted here.
For some reason it says "copied" when I click on it in Photobucket but that but doesn't work on this tablet when I try to post the image. The laptop works fine. :confused:

I will have to try to figure it out.
I am one of the 0.45%.
Coulro

Post by Coulro »

The Deacon wrote:For the record, I looked again after someone inquired and Country doesn't have a Military with a fully serrated black blade. Further, after looking through the last seven years worth of catalogs, I've come to realize that no black bladed fully serrated S30V Military was ever offered.

Maybe Spyderco should consider doing one as next year's Forum Knife. ;)
This! Pleeeeease! :D
akaAK wrote:Maybe too late but try http://www.SRknives.com. It is our primary bricks and mortar store in toronto.

I actually emailed SR Knives a week or two ago to confirm they had them because I planned to order one and they informed me they 'just ran out' :( Also, note that they only ship to Canada.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Coulro wrote:This! Pleeeeease! :D

I actually emailed SR Knives a week or two ago to confirm they had them because I planned to order one and they informed me they 'just ran out' :( Also, note that they only ship to Canada.
Yeah, that is why I alwasy check with them first, there website is not the most up to date. They also run an e-bay "store" where they will ship internationally. I actually got my S90V Millie from them as they had shipped it to Australia and it was returned to them when no one claimed it. I happened to be in the store, lucky coincidence.
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

The Deacon wrote:For the record, I looked again after someone inquired and Country doesn't have a Military with a fully serrated black blade. Further, after looking through the last seven years worth of catalogs, I've come to realize that no black bladed fully serrated S30V Military was ever offered.

Maybe Spyderco should consider doing one as next year's Forum Knife. ;)
That would indeed make a nice one, maybe with CF grips as well.. :D
I am one of the 0.45%.
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

I picked up another one tonight in CPM 440V steel. It is older and used,but I got a decent price on it, and it has the info stamped on the left side of the blade. "SPYDERCO MILITARY CPM 440V GOLDEN, CO USA". It has some slight pitting from rust, but will make a fine user knife.

I will try to get all my Military's out in the next week or so and post a picture of them hanging out with my Enduras. :)
I am one of the 0.45%.