What Spyderco's have you stolen?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Sorry to resurrect this zombie thread - but I finally got a TRUE STEAL of a Spyderco. Here's the deal: I was cruising eBay and accidentally misspelled "Spyderco" as "Syderco". Usually, it detects your spelling error and sends you to the Spydercos. This time - it found a "Syderco" - a black FRN plain-edged Goddard C16PBK. The thing looked all beat up and scratched in the pictures. It was missing the barrel bolt clip. Oh, well, I thought - I'll throw a few bucks at it to see if I can get it for a song. I ended up winning the auction for $26.47.

I didn't have high hopes for it - I was planning to use it for an extra knife in the glove box or something. But I got it in the mail and saw that the scratches were actually tape residue! After a little nail polish remover, compressed air, and a good session on the WEPS - I had an almost new lightweight Goddard. Since it uses the same clip as the Pacific Salt, I ordered a new titanium clip from Kristi at SFO. And voila! I've got a steal of a knife - my sixth Goddard and my first with a plain edge! Whoo hoo!

TedP

DedRok

Post by DedRok »

Went to a garage sale looking for some paintings... on a table there was some misc. garbage and then there was a slightly used black Delica 4 saber ground with masking tape on it with a big ole $2 stuck onto it. I picked it up, paid the owners and walked away. Obviously the women didn't know the true value of (most likely) her husbands knife.

Other than that, thats the only time I considered myself as stealing a Spyderco. I wish I could get some of the deals on new knives in this thread.
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

phillipsted wrote:Sorry to resurrect this zombie thread - but I finally got a TRUE STEAL of a Spyderco. Here's the deal: I was cruising eBay and accidentally misspelled "Spyderco" as "Syderco". Usually, it detects your spelling error and sends you to the Spydercos. This time - it found a "Syderco" - a black FRN plain-edged Goddard C16PBK. The thing looked all beat up and scratched in the pictures. It was missing the barrel bolt clip. Oh, well, I thought - I'll throw a few bucks at it to see if I can get it for a song. I ended up winning the auction for $26.47.

I didn't have high hopes for it - I was planning to use it for an extra knife in the glove box or something. But I got it in the mail and saw that the scratches were actually tape residue! After a little nail polish remover, compressed air, and a good session on the WEPS - I had an almost new lightweight Goddard. Since it uses the same clip as the Pacific Salt, I ordered a new titanium clip from Kristi at SFO. And voila! I've got a steal of a knife - my sixth Goddard and my first with a plain edge! Whoo hoo!

TedP

nice find!! And better buy! I like the Goddard a lot...but I will only buy PE. So haven't been lucky in my searches....maybe I should just start searching with mispellings and my lucky might improve!
Congrats!
On the hunt for...
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

My first chokwe I paid $100 nib the next one I paid $65 nib.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

I paid $116 for my NIB S30V/Black G-10 Military (shipped) and thought it was a "steal" :)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Well, the guys from chat chipped in and bought me an SB Caly at a time when everything seemed dark. I value that knife more than most. There's only one other knife that is as dear to my heart. So yes, that spydie was a steal and an SB Caly at that.
d.2.the.p

Post by d.2.the.p »

Desert Ironwood Endura from CustomSpyderco for $80: [ATTACH]20702[/ATTACH]
NIB Black Micarta Persian 75mm for $70: [ATTACH]20703[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Persian75mm.jpg
endura.jpg
endura.jpg (92.79 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

AAhhhhh, you're killin' me. I have been looking out for a PE Goddard for a while. Nice snag. I was however able to get a good deal on an old school G-10 PE Large Wegner mispelled as "Wenger" the other day. :cool:

phillipsted wrote:Sorry to resurrect this zombie thread - but I finally got a TRUE STEAL of a Spyderco. Here's the deal: I was cruising eBay and accidentally misspelled "Spyderco" as "Syderco". Usually, it detects your spelling error and sends you to the Spydercos. This time - it found a "Syderco" - a black FRN plain-edged Goddard C16PBK. The thing looked all beat up and scratched in the pictures. It was missing the barrel bolt clip. Oh, well, I thought - I'll throw a few bucks at it to see if I can get it for a song. I ended up winning the auction for $26.47.

TedP

Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
tvhaugen

Post by tvhaugen »

I recently picked up a NIB Native 5 for $75!
Torakan

Post by Torakan »

I picked up a Lil Temp for $25 at a LGS, a NIB Para for $35 on closeout at local outdoor retailer, a Co-Pilot for $20, and a pair of NIB original G10 Police models (one SE the other PE) for $75 at a gunshop in Kalispel, MT. Thats about it for steals.
Darrell Kaiser
SteelyDan

Post by SteelyDan »

I got a Black scaled Satin bladed Para 2 for $87. A couple weeks after that a Gayle Bradley for $96, from the bay. Both were sold as "used", by honest sellers, who could have easly sold them as "new", if they were not honest people.
"I would rather wake up in the middle of no where than in any city on earth" (Steve McQueen)

"There are just two things money cannot buy. One is True Love, and the other is Home Grown Tomatoes"
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

A full-serrated Endura 4 for $40 from Cutlery Shoppe overstock sale.
My favorite Spyderco knives include: Caly 3.5, Chaparral, Delica 4 FFG, Stretch, Para-Military 2, Endura 4 FFG, Manix 2 & Manix 2 XL!

TANSTAAFL
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Torakan wrote:I picked up a Lil Temp for $25 at a LGS,
That's ROCKIN!

Nice score,

Ken
玉鋼
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I got my ZDP Delica for $50 shipped. I thought that was a good deal.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Oh yeh, I got my Superhawk for $75 bucks. :D
Guillermo

Post by Guillermo »

I got a Earth Military and Grey Manix in Carpenter steel for $125 each. I usually buy Spydercos at below market but rarely and steals. I did get some of the early carbon fiber S90V and BG42 Military models at around $175 each from a dealer.
Donut

Post by Donut »

That's interesting, as far as I know, there was never a Gray Manix, only a Gray Para 2 in CTS-20CP.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Just got a new D'fly 2 PE for $36. Also got my IMMACULATE VG10 Caly Jr. for fifty bucks. I think that's probably it recently. Got a gently used Salt 1 for $29, that was a good one.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Donut wrote:That's interesting, as far as I know, there was never a Gray Manix, only a Gray Para 2 in CTS-20CP.
I think the handle on the Manix2 in CTS-XHP was considered foliage green, but I could see how it could almost be called gray. (But then my Dad is color-blind and can't tell the difference between certain shades of blue and green etc, maybe I'm color-blind too :) ).

Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I had the good fortune to help a dealer close up his stock (along with a few other Dutch forumites) a few years back. I can't remember the prices, but I picked up a Kumo, serrated R and mini Manixes for something like half the usual advertised online prices at the time.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram