Does the term Spyder Edge mean fully serrated?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OBJ Viking

Does the term Spyder Edge mean fully serrated?

Post by OBJ Viking »

....just wanted clarification?

ETA: All of the members of the family old enough to have a knife, have serrated Endura and I just ordered 2 more as spares from Amazon, with the term "spyder edge" blade in the description, which I hope means fully serrated as the product description also said it was fully serrated, but the picture was one with a PE blade. I am hoping the picture is just a screw up and the description is correct.
I am one of the 0.45%.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Yes!

PE = Plain edge
PS = Partially serrated
SE = Full Serrated Edge

Spyderedge is the type of serrations used by Spyderco, so a PS blade has a partial Spyderedge. Therefor when refered to Spyderedge blade this is a reference to a fully serrated blade.
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

Thanks - This is the one I ordered a couple of.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IH ... 00_s00_i00

The picture is of a PE blade, but the description says:
Spyderco Endura 4 Lightweight Spyder Edge Knife...

....Product Features
Latest evolution of one of the most popular knives ever made
Flat-ground VG-10 high-carbon stainless steel blade with a fully serrated (SpyderEdge) cutting edge...
So I am hoping the picture is just a stock photo of an Endura or a mess up.
I am one of the 0.45%.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Spyderedge refers to the serration pattern Spyderco uses, so it and can be used to describe the serrations on both fully serrated and part serrated Spyderco blades, but should not be used to describe a plain edge. How dealers use it is another story, given that many other terms get misused and abused in ads.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

I want 2 more fully serrated ones, so I guess I will wait and see what they send, and if the dealer mislabeled it, I will send it back....thanks.
I am one of the 0.45%.
OBJ Viking

Post by OBJ Viking »

I just sent the seller the following email through the Amazon site, so hopefully I will get a response before they ship out:
I just ordered a couple of Spyderco Enduras from you with the Spyder Edge blade (which means fully serrated) in the description:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

The picture is of a PE blade, but the description says:

(Spyderco Endura 4 Lightweight "Spyder Edge" Knife...

....Product Features
Latest evolution of one of the most popular knives ever made
Flat-ground VG-10 high-carbon stainless steel blade with a "fully serrated" (SpyderEdge) cutting edge...)

I only want the fully serrated version for farm work, so I am hoping the picture is just a stock photo of an Endura or a simple mistake. Please let me know if these are fully serrated. If they are not, I will cancel the order. Thank you.
I am one of the 0.45%.