Yojimbo 2 In Stock!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
captnvegtble

Yojimbo 2 In Stock!

Post by captnvegtble »

At Howes, FYI, for anybody interested.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

They also have the Lil' Matriarch for only $63!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ordered! And i'm nervous as **** because i never order anything i haven't handled in person first, but i have faith in this one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Evil D wrote:Ordered! And i'm nervous as **** because i never order anything i haven't handled in person first, but i have faith in this one.
David - I am curious about the Yo2 as well. As we are both huge fans of the Vallotton, I figure we share at least some of the same likes in a knife. Would you be able to post a brief review of your Yo2 after you get a chance to play with it? Thanks - Mike
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Now if only CS could get a few Yo 2s in...
:bug-red-white
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

mikerestivo wrote:David - I am curious about the Yo2 as well. As we are both huge fans of the Vallotton, I figure we share at least some of the same likes in a knife. Would you be able to post a brief review of your Yo2 after you get a chance to play with it? Thanks - Mike
Absolutely. I have no doubt i'll like the ergonomics and such, I already know i love the compression lock, and i already know enough about the blade to know i'm gonna love it, although i'm not the biggest fan of hollow grinds. The thing i'm most concerned about is the squared relief for the lock tab. I have huge fingers and i'm curious if that's going to hinder ease of unlocking as compared to the Para 2.
~David
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

gbelleh wrote:Now if only CS could get a few Yo 2s in...
CS usually lags a few days behind places like Howes and KC for when they get in new stock. Although I suspect that any Yo 2s they get are probably going to fill their back-orders.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I hope so. I've been right at the top of the backorder list for 8 months.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

FWIW, I e-mailed Jeff a few weeks back and he said he had no ETA on new stock, but he e-mailed me back yesterday and said they had a few in. My order date was 12/2 (and I'd been asking Jeff about the supply status for a while before that.)
Hope the rest of the backorders make it out soon!
—Daniel Jackson
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

gbelleh wrote:Now if only CS could get a few Yo 2s in...
I got an email from Jeff last night that mine is on the way from CS, so they are trickling in, there was just a lot of pent-up demand for them.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Oh well. One's on the way now. :)
PARATOM

Post by PARATOM »

Evil D wrote:Absolutely. I have no doubt i'll like the ergonomics and such, I already know i love the compression lock, and i already know enough about the blade to know i'm gonna love it, although i'm not the biggest fan of hollow grinds. The thing i'm most concerned about is the squared relief for the lock tab. I have huge fingers and i'm curious if that's going to hinder ease of unlocking as compared to the Para 2.
Yes it will hinder ease of unlocking and honestly it is quite different feeling than the para2. The (my) yo2 lock engages significantly more than my para2. I would say the Yo2 lock goes over/around 50% engagement and the para2 is maybe around 35%. Also the cut out is much different (not nearly as easy to access) and takes a while to get used to. Your index finger will hurt for a little and more force is needed to disengage the lock than on the para2. Another note is the deployment hole is not nearly as easy to access with the thumb. I find myself using my index finger on the underside almost every time. Neither note mentioned is anything big, but you said you have never fondled one so i wanted to give you what i have noticed.

I have EDC'd the yo2 for about 2 months and it is in my top 3 favorite spydies. (Para2 is #1).
I use all my knives (as you do like ive seen from other posts) and im sure this one will please you in a user role. It's built like a tank.
[LEFT]Para 2 digi cam/DLC | Tenacious PE | Sage 1 | Delica 4 FFG | Manix 2 | Dragonfly 2 H1 | Yojimbo 2 | SmallFly digi cam R | Citadel DLC R[/LEFT]
There are two kinds of people in this world, you're either somebody or nobody...
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah i figured as much. I even studied some pics wondering if i can open up that hole any more, but it looks like if i do i'm gonna run into the tang of the blade. I'm not sure if that'll matter much when opened and operating the lock, but it might look funny when closed. As for the lock engagement, i bet that's different on a knife to knife basis. All 3 of my Para 2's have engaged in different spots and had quite different lock tab action. My current 20CP version engages way into the tang and has quite a bit of travel to get unlocked. It's all in how the tolerances fall on a particular knife. The good news is that the Yo 2 should benefit from the years of design improvements that the compression lock has seen so it should be at the top of compression lock performance.
~David
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

Ordered :) I've been interested in this one since the release -- and just missed it everytime.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I bet that by a few hours time, they would all be gone. Sad now that I had to cancel my preorder but hope to get one eventually.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm really surprised they're still in stock. Maybe this is a good sign. I was about an hour late after this post was made, i kinda expected them to be all gone by then. I didn't see them listed on their Spyderco page, i had to search for it.
~David
Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Just got back home about an hour ago, and this was in the mailbox from Jim Howe, along with a Techno:

Really nice balance, and it has my favorite lock, the Compression Lock. I'm going to hit it with the Wicked Edge, and it should be ready to go.
Spyderbitten in 2011 and haven't been the same since.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Got mine today. I splurged for next day shipping :D It showed up around noon today. I was planning on one of those corny "unboxing videos" but i was too excited and opened it as soon as i picked up the box. I'm working on my initial reaction and the beginning of a review as i type this..
~David
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

Knife works has them in stock as well for any that missed them
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Well, almost 8 1/2 months after placing an order, I finally have a Yo2 in my pocket. The handle is smaller than I expected, but fits in the hand great. Very nice.