Consumer Catalog Survey! We want to hear from you!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TazKristi

Consumer Catalog Survey! We want to hear from you!

Post by TazKristi »

We would love to have your opinions about our catalogs! Please click (or copy and paste) the link below to share your opinion with us. The survey is just 15 questions so we promise it won't take much time. Thanks for participating!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Spyderco ... alogSurvey
There is nothing more important than this one day.

Post by 1623 »

Done :)
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

Hey Taz,
Survey complete.
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

1. Utility
2. No (not a current one)
3. Yes
4. Hard copy. Because i can take it anywhere and read it. I do like the PDF version for larger pics.
5. Consumer, because i can't legally own many of the OpFocus products and i don't belong to the armed forces or police.
6. No
7.Very Satisfied. I can't think of why it could be any better?
8. Neutral. It would be really cool if you had some kind of "compare products" option, especially for the online website catalog. I find i'm constantly opening knives in separate tabs comparing specs.
9. Neutral. I have found differences in what is listed compared to what actually is. Sorry i can't give any specific references at the moment. (seems i recall differences in blade length and weight on a few models).
10. Very Satisfied. It's like Knife Playboy.
11. Very Satisfied.
12. Very Satisfied.
13. Rarely. I typically use the online version more than anything. I enjoy looking through discontinued models, wishing i had picked some up when i had the chance.
14. Rarely. See above.
15. Yes. Both versions, they're around here somewhere.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

Done.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Done. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Evil D wrote: 10. Very Satisfied. It's like Knife Playboy.
True that! I love the Spyderco catalogs. Saved every one I've had.

Oh, and DONE!

Ken
玉鋼
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Whoever runs the OpFocus branch should get a raise. The catalog always looks super snazz!
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

I don't remember the questions exactly, but I was hoping for more ways to sort knives, such as through blade length, and also the ability to use more filters at one time. So that someone can look for a blade, say between 3-4" long, vg10, and a folder, and you would see the Endura, Delica, Stretch, and such pop up. And yeah, a way to compare two knives would be cool.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Evil D wrote:1. Utility
2. No (not a current one)
3. Yes
4. Hard copy. Because i can take it anywhere and read it. I do like the PDF version for larger pics.
5. Consumer, because i can't legally own many of the OpFocus products and i don't belong to the armed forces or police.
6. No
7.Very Satisfied. I can't think of why it could be any better?
8. Neutral. It would be really cool if you had some kind of "compare products" option, especially for the online website catalog. I find i'm constantly opening knives in separate tabs comparing specs.
9. Neutral. I have found differences in what is listed compared to what actually is. Sorry i can't give any specific references at the moment. (seems i recall differences in blade length and weight on a few models).
10. Very Satisfied. It's like Knife Playboy.
11. Very Satisfied.
12. Very Satisfied.
13. Rarely. I typically use the online version more than anything. I enjoy looking through discontinued models, wishing i had picked some up when i had the chance.
14. Rarely. See above.
15. Yes. Both versions, they're around here somewhere.
EvilD, Thanks for your answers! Hopefully you entered them into the survey (that's where we'll tally everything from). :)
Minibear453 wrote:I don't remember the questions exactly, but I was hoping for more ways to sort knives, such as through blade length, and also the ability to use more filters at one time. So that someone can look for a blade, say between 3-4" long, vg10, and a folder, and you would see the Endura, Delica, Stretch, and such pop up. And yeah, a way to compare two knives would be cool.
We'll likely be doing other surveys in the future. We have one planned for the website too. This one was just for the catalogs.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

TazKristi wrote:EvilD, Thanks for your answers! Hopefully you entered them into the survey (that's where we'll tally everything from). :)

We'll likely be doing other surveys in the future. We have one planned for the website too. This one was just for the catalogs.
I did :)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

Post by tikkidaddy »

Survey done, Kristi...wish there was a place for knives customers wanna see on there....
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Best bathroom reading material EVER!

(Alongside a hardback copy of The Way Things Work)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Things-Work-D ... 0395428572
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Done, love the catalog overall. I think a comparison chart across all knives with blade steel, length, grind, hardness, etc would be awesome. there are usually a couple of small errors, nothing that messes up the catalog, but I think a little more care to check some of the writing on occasion would be a good thing - but that's being a little nitpicky - maybe putting up the PDF before putting in the print order and asking folks to submit corrections for a couple of weeks, as I'm sure some of us would be glad to help.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

All done, Kristi. The catalog is very well done. The one thing that I think would be cool - not for the catalog due to cost, but for online would be "Compare knives" section. Each Spyderco would have a set number of basic shots - closed profile, open profile, top view, spine view, right, left sides, etc. The pics would be taken on a grid background (inches or metric for our international friends). All pics would have the same scaling. People could select which knives they want to compare and which angle/image, then all of them would be displayed one above the other. This would be a great way to standardize comparisons and have 'exact' ratios represented due to the scaled background.

Im sure youve noticed many guys on the forum ask "does anyone have a pic of this Spyderco next to that Spyderco, etc"?. This would address that and I would guess get a lot of use (IMHO).

There - the answer to a question that you did not ask for input on!!! Just a thought Ive had running around in my head for a while now and this looked like a good place to throw it out there...apologies for the distraction.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Done

I love my hard copy of the Spyderco Catalog I have everone I ever got.

Keep up the good work Spyder crew
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Done.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Does this include the online catalog / website or just the pdf and hard copies?
brj

Post by brj »

done here too :)
Regardless of our native language, we all speak "knife" - Sal
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

done
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.