Tuff - Release Date Estimate?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MSG

Post by MSG »

I just spoke with Jim at Howes knives and he told me that they are available to anyone. Apparently some of the collectors couldn't come up with the funds so Howes is getting some of those extra knives. I just ordered one and I'm not a collectors club member.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

MSG wrote:I just spoke with Jim at Howes knives and he told me that they are available to anyone. Apparently some of the collectors couldn't come up with the funds so Howes is getting some of those extra knives. I just ordered one and I'm not a collectors club member.
Oh, good news. I hope I can snag one.
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

I just bought one of the ones at Howes. It is a model I am not too crazy about the way it looks, so I will have to see how it feels to know if I will like it. The 3 v is exciting though!
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'm definitely holding out for a non-CC numbered one.
:bug-red-white
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

gbelleh wrote:I'm definitely holding out for a non-CC numbered one.
Same goes for me.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm not sold on this knife but the combo of 3V and a blade that begs to chop is intriguing. I'm anxious to see just how tuff this knife really is.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

jabba359 wrote:Same goes for me.
whys that? dont want to beat on something potentially collectable? Personally a couple more digits etched into a blade does nothing to enhance or detract.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Just can't stand having someone else's number etched on my blade, user or not. Simpler looks better.
phaust

Post by phaust »

DCDesigns wrote:whys that? dont want to beat on something potentially collectable? Personally a couple more digits etched into a blade does nothing to enhance or detract.
CC # versions aren't more collectable. If anything they sell for less, though usually the same--just never more.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Occasionally, some sucker will fall for an eBay seller's claims of "Extremely rare!!! Special, limited production numbered run! WOW!! L@@K!!!"
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Mine will be a user and I've got a couple CC# knives (Kumo and Chokwe) already, so I'm not completely against buying a numbered knife, but just prefer it without a number (unless it is a number that means something specific to me). It's a minor preference, but I'm patient and don't mind waiting a little longer for a non-numbered one. I'm also anticipating that CS will be about $20 less <i>and</i> not numbered, so that's a win-win in my book.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

phaust wrote:CC # versions aren't more collectable. If anything they sell for less, though usually the same--just never more.
Wouldnt say never. As gbelleh mentions theres at least one ebay seller that charges more for numbered knives.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Last time I asked I was among top 5 of the pre-order list. I hope that hasn't changed.

Thanks. I missed it when I looked. Going again. :D

Edit: I saw that the available ones will be collector's only. :(
Cool Chuck. We seem to be buying the same knives. :D
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

KardinalSyn wrote:Cool Chuck. We seem to be buying the same knives. :D
Hehehe. I tried to stop buying knives but there's awesomeness to be had. :D
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Hehehe. I tried to stop buying knives but there's awesomeness to be had. :D
I stopped too. Canceled all my orders except for two including this one after I made the decision.

On the second blade, seriously thinking about asking the maker to include a Spydie hole instead of the thumb stud.

The Tuff has a blade design which keeps me from canceling the pre-order. What you said is true :D
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.